Welcome to the Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Our mission: Determine the potential of Alaskan land for production of metals, minerals, fuels, and geothermal resources, the locations and supplies of groundwater and construction material, and the potential geologic hazards to buildings, roads, bridges, and other installations and structures (AS 41.08.020).
- Interactive mapping tool now available to assess coastal erosion. More info...
- Geologic Mapping Advisory Board Meeting being held October 7. More info...
- New release! Surficial geology of the Tyonek area, south-central Tyonek Quadrangle, Alaska - RI 2015-7
- New release! Jumbo Dome, Interior Alaska: Whole-rock, major- and trace-element analyses - RDF 2015-14
- New release! Geologic maps of the eastern Alaska Range, Alaska (44 quadrangles, 1:63,360 scale), with descriptions and interpretations of map units - RI 2015-6
- New release! Preliminary evaluation of bedrock potential for naturally occurring asbestos in Alaska - MP 157. Learn more (DNR Media release)...
- New release! Alaska shoreline change tool - DDS 9
- New release! Geospatial database: Compiled geologic mapping in the area of the proposed Susitna-Watana hydroelectric project, south-central Alaska - MP 156
- New release! Rock: Fluid compatibility - regain permeability; Rock mechanics: Formation hardness of Hemlock Formation cores after immersion in water and oil based fracturing fluids; and Analysis of coreplugs and wholecore segments from the Redoubt Unit #02 well - GMC 430
- New release! Active faults and volcanoes of Alaska (postcard): ESRI International Users Conference, San Diego, California, July 20-24, 2015 - Gallagher, P.E., 2015