Welcome to the Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Our mission: Determine the potential of Alaskan land for production of metals, minerals, fuels, and geothermal resources, the locations and supplies of groundwater and construction material, and the potential geologic hazards to buildings, roads, bridges, and other installations and structures (AS 41.08.020).
- DGGS releases RFP for airborne geophysical survey. More info...
- New release! U-Pb zircon age data from meta-igneous rocks in the Clearwater Mountains, Mount Hayes A-6 Quadrangle, Alaska - RDF 2016-8
- New release! Photogrammetric digital surface models and orthoimagery for 26 coastal communities of western Alaska - RDF 2016-1
- New release! Zircon U-Pb age data, Ray Mountains area, Bettles Quadrangle, Alaska - RDF 2016-7
- New release! Preliminary bedrock geologic map data for the eastern Bonnifield mining district, Fairbanks and Healy quadrangles, Alaska - PIR 2016-3
- New release! Major-oxide, minor-oxide, and trace-element geochemical data from rocks collected in 2008 in the eastern Bonnifield mining district, Fairbanks and Healy quadrangles, Alaska - RDF 2016-6 v. 1.1
- New release! Major-oxide and trace-element geochemical data from rocks collected in 2010 in the Tyonek Quadrangle, Alaska - RDF 2016-5
- New release! Tsunami inundation maps for Yakutat, Alaska - RI 2016-2
- New release! Preliminary report on mineral occurrences in the Tok River area, Alaska - PIR 2016-2. Learn more (DNR Media release)...