Welcome to the Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Our mission: Determine the potential of Alaskan land for production of metals, minerals, fuels, and geothermal resources, the locations and supplies of groundwater and construction material, and the potential geologic hazards to buildings, roads, bridges, and other installations and structures (AS 41.08.020).
- DGGS is soliciting proposals for fixed-wing aeromagnetic surveys for the Tanacross region.
- New release! Preliminary top Mesozoic unconformity subcrop map, Cook Inlet basin, Alaska (poster): Alaska Geological Society Technical Conference, May 15, 2014 - Gregersen, L.S. and Shellenbaum, D.P., 2015
- New release! Rock-eval pyrolysis, vitrinite reflectance, and kerogen microscopy results from Miocene carbonaceous mudstones and coals in outcrop, McGrath Quadrangle, southwestern Alaska - RI 2015-3
- New release! Depositional environments of the Prince Creek Formation along the east side of the Toolik River, Sagavanirktok Quadrangle, North Slope, Alaska - PIR 2015-4
- New release! Tsunami inundation maps of Elfin Cove, Gustavus, and Hoonah, Alaska - RI 2015-1
- New release! Source-rock potential of the Lower Cretaceous Pebble shale Unit, northeastern Alaska - PIR 2015-1
- New release! Tok electromagnetic and magnetic airborne geophysical survey data compilation - GPR 2015-2. Learn more (DNR Media release)...
- New release! The 2008 phreatomagmatic eruption of Okmok Volcano, Aleutian Islands, Alaska: Chronology, deposits, and landform changes - RI 2015-2
- New release! Reconnaissance investigation of the Lisburne Group in the Cobblestone Creek area, Chandler Lake Quadrangle, Alaska - PIR 2015-2