Welcome to the Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Our mission: Determine the potential of Alaskan land for production of metals, minerals, fuels, and geothermal resources, the locations and supplies of groundwater and construction material, and the potential geologic hazards to buildings, roads, bridges, and other installations and structures (AS 41.08.020).
- DGGS is soliciting proposals for aerial imagery and DSM acquisition for western Alaska. Learn more...
- DGGS is soliciting proposals for ground control data for an aerial survey of western Alaska.
- New release! Energy-related studies during the 2014 field season, western Cook Inlet, Alaska - PIR 2015-5
- New release! Petersville mining district electromagnetic and magnetic airborne geophysical survey, data compilation - GPR 2015-3
- New release! Overview of 2014 energy-focused studies in Susitna Basin, south-central Alaska, and preliminary results - PIR 2015-3. Learn more (DNR Media release)...
- New release! 40Ar/39Ar data from the Talkeetna Mountains C-4 Quadrangle and adjoining areas, central Alaska - RDF 2015-10
- New release! Fortymile mining district electromagnetic and magnetic airborne geophysical survey, data compilation - GPR 2015-4
- New release! 40Ar/39Ar data, Seward Peninsula, Alaska - RDF 2015-3
- New release! Livengood mining district electromagnetic and magnetic airborne geophysical survey, data compilation - GPR 2015-5
- New release! Iditarod survey area: Airborne magnetic and electromagnetic data in line, grid, vector, and map formats, and descriptive project report, Innoko, Iditarod, and McGrath mining districts, Iditarod and Ophir quadrangles, western Alaska - GPR 2011-4