Welcome to the Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Our mission: Determine the potential of Alaskan land for production of metals, minerals, fuels, and geothermal resources, the locations and supplies of groundwater and construction material, and the potential geologic hazards to buildings, roads, bridges, and other installations and structures (AS 41.08.020).
- DGGS is hiring a Geologist IV with significant experience in neotectonics. Apply now!
- New release! Alaska's mineral industry 2014 - SR 70
- New release! DGGS geological investigations in western Wrangellia (presentation): Alaska Miners Association Annual Convention, Anchorage, Alaska, November 1-5, 2015 - Twelker, Evan and Lande, Lauren, 2015
- New release! Geophysical and geological investigations of the Tanacross region, Alaska (presentation): Alaska Miners Association Annual Convention, November 1-7, 2015 - Emond, A.M. and others, 2015
- New release! Major-oxide and trace-element geochemical data from rocks collected in 2015 in the Wrangellia mineral assessment area, Alaska - RDF 2015-16
- New release! Major-oxide and trace-element geochemical data from rocks collected in 2015 in the Tok area, Tanacross A-5, A-6, and parts of adjacent quadrangles, Alaska - RDF 2015-15
- New release! Airborne magnetic geophysical survey of the Tanacross region, Alaska - GPR 2015-6
- New release! Tsunami inundation maps for Alaska communities - DDS 10
- New release! Surficial geology of the Tyonek area, south-central Tyonek Quadrangle, Alaska - RI 2015-7