Welcome to the Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Our mission: Determine the potential of Alaskan land for production of metals, minerals, fuels, and geothermal resources, the locations and supplies of groundwater and construction material, and the potential geologic hazards to buildings, roads, bridges, and other installations and structures (AS 41.08.020).
- DGGS releases RFP for airborne geophysical survey. More info...
- New release! Tsunami inundation maps for King Cove and Cold Bay communities, Alaska - RI 2016-1
- New release! Heavy mineral concentration in a marine sediment transport conduit, Bering Strait, Alaska - PIR 2016-4
- New release! Stratigraphic and reservoir quality studies of continuous core from the Wainwright #1 coalbed methane test well, Wainwright, Alaska - RI 2016-3
- New release! Investigation of rare-earth elements and zirconium in the northern Windy Fork peralkaline pluton, west-central Alaska - PIR 2016-5
- New release! Top Mesozoic unconformity subcrop map, Cook Inlet basin, Alaska - RI 2016-4
- New release! Agency-wide Implications for Alaska DGGS building a Statewide Geologic 1:100,000 Compilation from an NCGMP09 Multi-map Database (presentation): Digital Mapping Techniques Workshop, Tallahassee, Florida, May 22-25 - Athey, J.E. and Hendricks, M.D., 2016
- New release! U-Pb zircon age data from meta-igneous rocks in the Clearwater Mountains, Mount Hayes A-6 Quadrangle, Alaska - RDF 2016-8
- New release! Zircon U-Pb age data, Ray Mountains area, Bettles Quadrangle, Alaska - RDF 2016-7