Welcome to the Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Our mission: Determine the potential of Alaskan land for production of metals, minerals, fuels, and geothermal resources, the locations and supplies of groundwater and construction material, and the potential geologic hazards to buildings, roads, bridges, and other installations and structures (AS 41.08.020).
- DGGS is hiring a Geologist IV with significant experience in neotectonics. Apply now!
- New release! Major-oxide and trace-element geochemistry of mafic rocks in the Carboniferous Lisburne Group, Ivishak River area, northeastern Brooks Range, Alaska - RDF 2016-2
- New release! Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Annual Report 2015 - AR 2015
- New release! Petroleum-related geologic studies in lower Cook Inlet during 2015, Iniskin-Tuxedni region, south-central Alaska - PIR 2016-1
- New release! Alaska's mineral resources 2015 - MP 159
- New release! Bonnifield mining district electromagnetic and magnetic airborne geophysical survey, data compilation - GPR 2016-1
- New release! Tsunami inundation maps of Fox Islands communities, including Dutch Harbor and Akutan, Alaska - RI 2015-5
- New release! Geochemical analyses of rock samples from the Tonsina area, Valdez Quadrangle, Alaska - RDF 2015-17
- New release! Oil-stained sandstone in the Middle Jurassic lower Paveloff Siltstone Member of the Chinitna Formation: Exploring the potential role of facies variations in controlling diagenesis and reservoir quality in western Cook Inlet, Alaska - PIR 2015-7