Welcome to the Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Our mission: Determine the potential of Alaskan land for production of metals, minerals, fuels, and geothermal resources, the locations and supplies of groundwater and construction material, and the potential geologic hazards to buildings, roads, bridges, and other installations and structures (AS 41.08.020).
- New release! Digital compilation of geochemical data for historical samples from occurrences of strategic and critical elements in Alaska: Part I - Rare-earth elements (REE) - RDF 2016-11
- New release! Alaska Volcano Observatory image database - DDS 13
- New release! Trace-element geochemical data from stream sediments collected in the Tok River area, Tanacross A-5 and A-6 quadrangles, Alaska in 2016 - RDF 2016-10
- New release! Alaska's mineral industry 2015 - SR 71
- New release! Major-oxide and trace-element geochemical data from rocks collected in the Tok River area, Tanacross A-5 and A-6 quadrangles, Alaska in 2016 - RDF 2016-9
- New release! Redoubt Unit 2 KCL salinity & core sensitivity testing results - GMC 435
- New release! Geologic map of portions of the Livengood B-3, B-4, C-3, and C-4 quadrangles, Tolovana mining district, Alaska - RI 2016-5. Learn more (DNR Media release)...
- New release! Protocol for storm surge water level observations using the Local Environmental Observer phone application for Alaska (presentation): Local Environmental Observer September Webinar, Anchorage, Alaska, September 20, 2016 - Overbeck, J.R., 2016