Welcome to the Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Our mission: Determine the potential of Alaskan land for production of metals, minerals, fuels, and geothermal resources, the locations and supplies of groundwater and construction material, and the potential geologic hazards to buildings, roads, bridges, and other installations and structures (AS 41.08.020).
- DGGS is soliciting proposals for ground control data for an aerial survey of western Alaska.
- New release! Livengood mining district electromagnetic and magnetic airborne geophysical survey, data compilation - GPR 2015-5
- New release! Iditarod survey area: Airborne magnetic and electromagnetic data in line, grid, vector, and map formats, and descriptive project report, Innoko, Iditarod, and McGrath mining districts, Iditarod and Ophir quadrangles, western Alaska - GPR 2011-4
- New release! Farewell and Middle Styx survey areas: Project report, interpretation maps, EM anomalies, stacked multi-channel profiles, and other products of the airborne geophysical surveys, parts of the McGrath, Lime Hills, and Tyonek quadrangles, south-central Alaska - GPR 2014-4
- New release! Deep-water canyons in the Snug Harbor Siltstone and Pomeroy Arkose Members, Naknek Formation, Alaska - New insights into the sequence stratigraphy of the Late Jurassic Cook Inlet forearc basin (presentation): Geological Society of America, Cordilleran Section Annual Meeting, May 11-13, 2015, Anchorage, Alaska - Herriott, T.M. and others, 2015
- New release! Geologic map of the Umiat-Gubik area, central North Slope, Alaska - Integration of fieldwork and subsurface data in a region of known oil and gas accumulations (poster): Geological Society of America, Cordilleran Section Annual Meeting, May 11-13, 2015, Anchorage, Alaska - Herriott, T.M. and others, 2015
- New release! Preliminary top Mesozoic unconformity subcrop map, Cook Inlet basin, Alaska (poster): Alaska Geological Society Technical Conference, May 15, 2014 - Gregersen, L.S. and Shellenbaum, D.P., 2015
- New release! Rock-eval pyrolysis, vitrinite reflectance, and kerogen microscopy results from Miocene carbonaceous mudstones and coals in outcrop, McGrath Quadrangle, southwestern Alaska - RI 2015-3
- New release! Depositional environments of the Prince Creek Formation along the east side of the Toolik River, Sagavanirktok Quadrangle, North Slope, Alaska - PIR 2015-4