Welcome to the Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Our mission: Determine the potential of Alaskan land for production of metals, minerals, fuels, and geothermal resources, the locations and supplies of groundwater and construction material, and the potential geologic hazards to buildings, roads, bridges, and other installations and structures (AS 41.08.020).
- New release! Geospatial database: Compiled geologic mapping in the area of the proposed Susitna-Watana hydroelectric project, south-central Alaska - MP 156
- New release! Alaska shoreline change tool - DDS 9
- New release! Rock: Fluid compatibility - regain permeability; Rock mechanics: Formation hardness of Hemlock Formation cores after immersion in water and oil based fracturing fluids; and Analysis of coreplugs and wholecore segments from the Redoubt Unit #02 well - GMC 430
- New release! Active faults and volcanoes of Alaska (postcard): ESRI International Users Conference, San Diego, California, July 20-24, 2015 - Gallagher, P.E., 2015
- New release! Geologic map of the Talkeetna Mountains C-4 Quadrangle and adjoining areas, central Alaska - PIR 2015-6. Learn more (DNR Media release)...
- New release! Geochemical reanalysis of historical U.S. Geological Survey sediment samples from the Haines area, Juneau and Skagway quadrangles, southeast Alaska - RDF 2015-5
- New release! Geochemical reanalysis of historical U.S. Geological Survey sediment samples from the Tonsina area, Valdez Quadrangle, Alaska - RDF 2015-8
- New release! Geochemical reanalysis of historical U.S. Geological Survey sediment samples from the Kougarok area, Bendeleben and Teller quadrangles, Seward Peninsula, Alaska - RDF 2015-6