Welcome to the Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Our mission: Determine the potential of Alaskan land for production of metals, minerals, fuels, and geothermal resources, the locations and supplies of groundwater and construction material, and the potential geologic hazards to buildings, roads, bridges, and other installations and structures (AS 41.08.020).
- State geologists to map landslide hazards in Sitka. More info...
- New Livengood geology map and report highlight area's mineral potential. More info...
- New release! Geologic map of portions of the Livengood B-3, B-4, C-3, and C-4 quadrangles, Tolovana mining district, Alaska - RI 2016-5. Learn more (DNR Media release)...
- New release! Protocol for storm surge water level observations using the Local Environmental Observer phone application for Alaska (presentation): Local Environmental Observer September Webinar, Anchorage, Alaska, September 20, 2016 - Overbeck, J.R., 2016
- New release! Surficial-geologic map of parts of the Sagavanirktok and Toolik river drainages, northern Brooks Range foothills, Alaska - RI 2016-6
- New release! Geochemical evaluation of: Altamura 1, Caribou 26-11-1, Inigok 1, North Inigok 1, Qugruk 4, Tofkat 1, and West Fish Creek 1 wells for whole-oil gas chromatography, soxhlet extractions, and biomarker analysis - GMC 433
- New release! Mount Estelle, 2011 drill logs for the Shadow SE11-003 and the Discovery SE11-004 - GMC 434
- New release! Calista Nyac Gold LLC 2009-2014 sampling program - GMC 431
- New release! Palynology photos from selected North Slope wells - GMC 432
- New release! Tsunami inundation maps for the communities of Chignik and Chignik Lagoon, Alaska - RI 2016-8