USGS C 1065
Title:First international symposium on Volcanic ash and aviation safety
Authors:Casadevall, T.J., ed.
Publisher:U.S. Geological Survey
Ordering Info:USGS Publications Warehouse
Keyword(s):Hazards; Volcanic Ash; Volcanoes
Casadevall, T.J., ed., 1991, First international symposium on Volcanic ash and aviation safety: U.S. Geological Survey Circular 1065, 58 p.
- c-1065.pdf (2.9 M)
- Beget, J.E., Swanson, S.E., and Stone, David, 1991, Frequency and regional extent of ash eruptions from Alaskan volcanoes, p. 13.
- Dean, K.G., and Whiting, Larry, 1991, Analysis of satellite images of Redoubt Volcano plumes, p. 17.
- Haeseker, E., 1991, Alaska Airlines operating procedures during the 1989-1990 Redoubt eruptions, p. 20-21.
- Hassel, N., and Hudson, E., 1991, Description of the wind profiler installed in Homer, Alaska, p. 22.
- Hoblitt, R.P., 1991, Lightning detection and location as a remote ash-cloud monitor at Redoubt Volcano, Alaska, p. 24.
- Hobbs, P.V., Radke, L.F., and Coffman, D.J., 1991, Airborne lidar detection and in situ measurements of ash emissions from the 1990 volcanic eruptions of Mount Redoubt, p. 24.
- Huskey, Lee, and Tuck, B.H., 1991, Economic consequences of the 1989-90 Mt. Redoubt eruptions; assessment methodology and anecdotal empirical evidence, p. 25-26.
- Kelley, L., 1991, Forecasting volcanic debris in Alaska, p. 27.
- Kienle, J., 1991, Volcanic air-aircraft incidents in Alaska in the years prior to the December 15, 1989 747 Redoubt encounter, p. 27-28.
- Lynch, J.S., 1991, Mount Redoubt; tracing volcanic ash plumes from space, p. 30.
- Miller, T.P., and Davies, J.N., 1991, The 1989-90 eruption of Redoubt Volcano; chronology, character and effects, p. 33.
- Mostek, Anthony, 1991, NOAA's response to the Mount Redoubt eruptions of December 1989, p. 33-34.
- Murray, T.L., Bauer, C.I., and Paskievitch, J.F., 1991, Using a personal computer to obtain predicted plume trajectories during the 1989-1990 eruption of Redoubt Volcano, Alaska, p. 34.
- Pieri, David, and Oeding, Robert, 1991, Grain impacts on an aircraft windscreen; the Redoubt 747 encounter, p. 35-36.
- Przedpelski, Z.J., and Casadevall, T.J., 1991, Impact of volcanic ash from Redoubt Volcano eruption on GE CF6-80C2 turbofan engines, p. 36-37.
- Schneider, D.J., and Rose, W.I., 1991, Utility of AVHRR sensor for remote sensing of Alaskan eruption clouds, p. 38.
- Schlatter, T.W., and Benjamin, S.G., 1991, A mesoscale data assimilation system adapted for trajectory calculations over Alaska, p. 38-39.
- Scott, W.E., and McGimsey, R.G., 1991, Mass, distribution, grain size, and origin of 1989-1990 tephra-fall deposits of Redoubt Volcano, Alaska, p. 39.
- Tanaka, H.L., 1991, Development of a prediction scheme for the volcanic ash fall from Redoubt Volcano, p. 44.