USGS C 998
Title:Geologic studies in Alaska by the U.S. Geological Survey during 1986
Authors:Hamilton, T.D., and Galloway, J.P., ed.
Publisher:U.S. Geological Survey
Comments:The list of articles below is incomplete. The titles shown are cited in DGGS products. Maps are included in the text report.
Ordering Info:USGS Publications Warehouse
Hamilton, T.D., and Galloway, J.P., ed., 1987, Geologic studies in Alaska by the U.S. Geological Survey during 1986: U.S. Geological Survey Circular 998, 195 p.
- c-0998.pdf (33.0 M)
- Yount, M.E., Miller, T.P., and Gamble, B.M., 1987, The 1986 eruptions of Augustine Volcano, Alaska: hazards and effects, p. 4-14.
- Riehle, J.R., Meyer, C.E., Ager, T.A., Kaufman, D.S., and Ackerman, R.E., 1987, The Aniachak tephra deposit, a late Holocene marker horizon in western Alaska, p. 19-23.
- Duttweiller, K.A., 1987, Use of factor analysis in locating base metal mineralization in the Killik River quadrangle, Alaska, p. 27-30.
- Folger, P.F., Goldfarb, R.J., and Schmidt, J.M., 1987, Preliminary evaluation of geochemical anomalies in the Baird Mountains quadrangle, Alaska, p. 31-34.
- Hamilton, T.D., Lancaster, G.A., and Trimble, D.A., 1987, Glacial advance of late Wisconsin (Itkillik II) age in the upper Noatak River Valley - a radiocarbon-dated stratigraphic record, p. 35-39.
- Repetski, J.E., Carter, Claire, Harris, A.G., and Dutro, J.T., Jr., 1987, Ordovician and Silurian fossils from the Doonerak anticlinorium, central Brooks Range, Alaska, p. 40-42.
- Blodgett, R.B., Wheeler, K.L., Rohr, D.M., Harris, A.G., and Weber, F.R., 1987, A Late Ordovician age reappraisal for the upper Fossil Creek Volcanics, and possible significance for glacio-eustacy, p. 54-58.
- Foster, H.L., and Keith, T.E.C., 1987, Preliminary geology, including the Tintina fault system, of part of the southwestern Charley River quadrangle, Alaska, p. 59-61.
- Keith, T.E.C., Page, N.J., Oscarson, R.L., and Foster, H.L., 1987, Platinum-group element concentrations in a biotite-rich clinopyroxenite suite, Eagle C-3 quadrangle, Alaska, p. 62-66.
- Light, T.D., Cady, J.W., Weber, F.R., McCammon, R.B., and Rinehart, C.D., 1987, Sources of placer gold in the southern part of the White Mountains Recreation Area, east-central Alaska, p. 67-69.
- Wheeler, K.L., Forbes, R.B., Weber, F.R., and Rinehart, C.D., 1987, Lithostratigraphy, petrology, and geochemistry of the Ordovician Fossil Creek Volcanics, White Mountains, east-central Alaska, p. 70-73.
- Yeend, Warren, 1987, Placer gold related to mafic schist(?) in the Circle district, Alaska, p. 74-77.
- Bartsch-Winkler, Susan, and Schmoll, H.R., 1987, Earthquake-caused sedimentary couplets in the upper Cook Inlet region, p. 92-95.
- Nelson, S.W., Blome, C.D., and Karl, S.M., 1987, Late Triassic and Early Cretaceous fossil ages from the McHugh complex, southern Alaska, p. 96-98.
- Stanley, R.G., 1987, Thermal maturity and petroleum-source potential of the Cantwell Formation (Paleocene), Alaska Range, p. 104-107.
- Barton, C.C., and Light, T.D., 1987, Structural fabric analysis of the Perseverance Slate and gold-bearing quartz veins in the south ore body of the Alaska-Juneau lode system, southeastern Alaska, p. 110-112.
- Brew, D.A., and Ford, A.B., 1987, The Meade Glacier fault - an important tectonic boundary in the northern Cordillera, southeastern Alaska, p. 113-115.
- Ford, A.B., and Brew, D.A., 1987, The Wright Glacier volcanic plug and dike swarm, southeastern Alaska, p. 116-118.
- Brew, D.A., Himmelberg, G.R., Ford, A.B., and Jachens, R.C., 1987, Ultramafic and mafic sills in the vicinity of the Treatwell gold deposits, Douglas Island, southeastern Alaska, p. 119-123.
- Koch, R.P., Brew, D.A., and Ford, A.B., 1987, Newly discovered molybdenite occurrence near Boundary Creek, Coast Mountains, southeastern Alaska, p. 124-125.
- Newberry, R.J., and Brew, D.A., 1987, The Alaska-Juneau gold deposit; remobilized syngenetic versus exotic epigenetic origin, p. 128-131.
- Mankinen, E.A., and Plafker, George, 1987, Paleomagnetic evidence for a latest Pliocene and early Pleistocene age of the upper Yakataga Formation on Middleton Island, Alaska, p. 132-136.
- Bruns, T.R., Vallier, T.L., Pickthorn, L.B., and VonHuene, Roland, 1987, Volcanic-arc dacite and Early Miocene basalt dredged from the Shumagin margin, Alaska, p. 143-146.
- Phillips, R.L., and Colgan, M.W., 1987, Vibracore stratigraphy of the northeastern Chukchi Sea, p. 157-160.
- Reimnitz, Erk, and Kempema, E.W., 1987, Thirty-four-year shore face evolution at a rapidly retreating Arctic coastal site, p. 161-164.