USGS C 939
Title:The United States Geological Survey in Alaska; accomplishments during 1982
Authors:Reed, K.M., and Bartsch-Winkler, Susan, eds.
Publisher:U.S. Geological Survey
Comments:The list of articles below is incomplete. The titles shown are cited in DGGS products. Maps are included in the text report.
Ordering Info:USGS Publications Warehouse
Reed, K.M., and Bartsch-Winkler, Susan, eds., 1984, The United States Geological Survey in Alaska; accomplishments during 1982: U.S. Geological Survey Circular 939, 155 p.
- c-0939.pdf (21.0 M)
- Moore, T.E., Nilsen, T.H., Grantz, Arthur, and Tailleur, I.L., 1984, Parautochthonous Mississippian marine and nonmarine strata, Lisburne Peninsula, Alaska, p. 17-20.
- Yeend, W.E., 1984, Surficial geology of the Lookout Ridge quadrangle, p. 23-25.
- King, H.D., 1984, Geochemical survey of the Solomon and Bendeleben quadrangles, Seward Peninsula, Alaska, p. 33-36.
- Aleinikoff, J.N., and Nokleberg, W.J., 1984, Early Proterozoic metavolcanic rocks in the Jarvis Creek Glacier tectonostratigraphic terrane, Mount Hayes, C-6 quadrangle, eastern Alaska Range, Alaska, p. 40-43.
- Goldfarb, R.J., Folger, P.F., Smaglik, S.M., and Tripp, R.B., 1984, A statistical interpretation of geochemical data from Chugach National Forest, p. 47-49.
- Hillhouse, J.W., Gromme, C.S., and Csejtey, Bela, Jr., 1984, Paleomagnetism of Early Tertiary volcanic rocks in the northern Talkeetna Mountains, p. 50-51.
- Miller, M.L., Dumoulin, J.A., and Nelson, S.W., 1984, A transect of metamorphic rocks along the Copper River, Cordova and Valdez quadrangles, Alaska, p. 52-56.
- Nilsen, T.H., Plafker, George, Atwood, D.E., and Hill, E.R., 1984, Sedimentology of flysch of the Upper Mesozoic Yakutat Group, Malaspina district, Alaska, p. 57-59.
- Nokleberg, W.J., Lange, I.M., and Roback, R.C., 1984, Preliminary accretionary terrane model for metallogenesis of the Wrangellia terrane, southern Mount Hayes quadrangle, eastern Alaska Range, Alaska, p. 60-64.
- Page, R.A., Hassler, M.H., Stephens, C.D., and Criley, E.E., 1984, Fault zone geometry of the 1979 St. Elias, Alaska, earthquake, p. 65-66.
- Pickthorn, W.J., 1984, Stable isotope study of quartz veins in the Port Valdez gold district, p. 67-68.
- Pickthorn, W.J., and Nelson, S.W., 1984, Preliminary reconnaissance sulfur isotope geochemistry of massive sulfide occurrences in the Prince William Sound district, p. 70-71.
- Richter, D.H., Smith, J.G., Ratte, J.C., and Leeman, W.P., 1984, Shield volcanoes in the Wrangell Mountains, Alaska, p. 71-74.
- Stephens, C.D., Lahr, J.C., and Page, R.A., 1984, Seismicity along southern coastal Alaska: October 1981-September 1982, p. 78-81.
- Nilsen, T.H., 1984, Miocene back-arc tidal deposits of the Bear Lake Formation, Alaska Peninsula, p. 85-86.
- Brew, D.A., and Ford, A.B., 1984, Tectonostratigraphic terranes in the coast-plutonic-metamorphic complex, southeastern Alaska, p. 90-92.
- Burrell, P.D., 1984, Late Cretaceous plutonic rocks, Petersburg quadrangle, southeastern Alaska, p. 93-95.
- Gehrels, G.E., Brew, D.A., and Saleeby, J.B., 1984, Progress report on U/Pb (zircon) geochronologic studies in the Coast plutonic-metamorphic complex east of Juneau, southeastern Alaska, p. 100-101.
- Gehrels, G.E., Saleeby, J.B., and Berg, H.C., 1984, Progress in geologic studies of southern Prince of Wales Island, southern Alexander terrane, southeast Alaska, p. 102-104.
- Riehle, J.R., and Brew, D.A., 1984, Explosive latest Pleistocene (?) and Holocene activity of the Mount Edgecumbe volcanic field, Alaska, p. 111-115.
- Webster, J.H., 1984, Preliminary report on a large granitic body in the Coast Mountains, northeast Petersburg quadrangle, southeastern Alaska, p. 116-117.