USGS C 911
Title:U.S. Geological Survey Polar research symposium; abstracts with program
Authors:U.S. Geological Survey
Publisher:U.S. Geological Survey
Ordering Info:USGS Publications Warehouse
U.S. Geological Survey, 1983, U.S. Geological Survey Polar research symposium; abstracts with program: U.S. Geological Survey Circular 911, 55 p.
- c-0911.pdf (2.8 M)
- Gryc, G., and Chapman, R.M., 1983, History of U.S. Geological Survey geologic exploration and mineral-resource evaluation, Arctic Alaska, p. 22-23.
- Kirschner, C.E., 1983, The Arctic platform in the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska; deposition, deformation, and petroleum potential, p. 24-27.
- Bird, K.J., 1983, Oil and gas resources of the North Slope, Alaska, p. 27-30.
- Magoon, L.B., and Claypool, G.E., 1983, Petroleum source rock richness, type and maturity for four rock units on the Alaskan North Slope; are they sources for the two oil types?, p. 30-31.
- Grybeck, D., 1983, Emerging recognition of the nonfuel mineral resources of Arctic Alaska, p. 31-32.
- Stricker, G.D., 1983, Coal occurrence, quality, and resource assessment, National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska, p. 32-33.
- Lachenbruch, A.H., and Marshall, B.V., 1983, Permafrost and the geothermal regime, p. 33-34.
- Hamilton, T.D., 1983, Glaciation in Arctic Alaska, p. 34-36.
- Carter, L.D., 1983, A Pleistocene sand desert in Arctic Alaska, p. 36.
- Barnes, P.W., and Reimnitz, E., 1983, Sedimentary facies on an ice dominated shelf, Beaufort Sea, Alaska, p. 37.
- Ferrians, O.J., Jr., 1983, Quaternary sedimentation on the Alaskan Beaufort shelf; sediment sources, glacioeustatism, and regional tectonics, p. 37-38.
- Ferrians, O.J., Jr., 1983, Permafrost and related engineering problems on the North Slope and Beaufort Shelf, Alaska, p. 38-39.
- McDougall, Kristin, 1983, Quaternary microfossils on the Arctic shelf, p. 39-40.
- Shasby, M.B., Markon, C., Fleming, M.D., Murphy, D.L., and York, J.E., 1983, Land cover and terrain mapping for the development of digital data bases for wildlife habitat assessment in the Yukon Flats National Wildlife Refuge, Alaska, p. 41-43.
- Roberts, A.A., Donovan, T.J., Hendricks, J.D., and Cunningham, K.I., 1983, Geochemical detection of prospective petroleum areas in Arctic regions, p. 43.
- Sloan, C.E., 1983, Hydrology of the North Slope, Alaska, p. 44.
- Marincovich, L., Jr., Brouwers, E.M., and Hopkins, D.M., 1983, Paleogeographic affinities and endemism of Cretaceous and Paleocene marine faunas in the Arctic, p. 45-46.
- Brigham, J.K., 1983, Correlation of late Cenozoic marine transgressions of the Arctic Coastal Plain with those in western Alaska and northeastern Russia, p. 47-51.
- Antweiler, J.C., Watterson, J.R., Cathrall, J.B., and Mosier, E.L., 1983, Possible origins of placer gold in Kovukuk and Chandalar districts, Brooks Range, Alaska, p. 52-53.
- Black, R.F., 1983, Permafrost studies in Alaska, p. 53.