DGGS PDF 90-17
Title:Coal resources of northwest Alaska: final report
Authors:Clough, J.G., and Roe, J.T.
Publisher:Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Ordering Info:Download below or please see our publication sales page for more information.
Quadrangle(s):Ambler River; Baird Mountains; Barrow; Bendeleben; Candle; De Long Mountains; Howard Pass; Kateel River; Kotzebue; Lookout Ridge; Meade River; Misheguk Mountain; Noatak; Nome; Norton Bay; Nulato; Ophir; Point Hope; Point Lay; Saint Lawrence; Saint Michael; Selawik; Shishmaref; Shungnak; Solomon; Teller; Unalakleet; Utukok River; Wainwright
Keyword(s):Analyses and Sampling; Coal; Core Logs; Corwin Formation; Cretaceous; Energy; Geochemistry; Geology; Historic Resources; Kapaloak Formation; Metals; Mining; Mississippian; Reconstructions; Resource Assessment; Resources; Stratigraphy; Tertiary; Uranium
Clough, J.G., and Roe, J.T., 1990, Coal resources of northwest Alaska: final report: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Public Data File 90-17, 65 p., 10 sheets, scale 1:63,360. http://doi.org/10.14509/1451
- pdf1990_017.pdf (2.5 M)
- This publication has been superseded by .
Maps & Other Oversized Sheets
- Plate 1 Location map of coal mines, coal-bearing rocks and State of Alaska 1980-85 drill holes and field investigations, northwestern Alaska, scale 1:1,000,000 (26.0 M)
- Plate 2 Geology and drill hole locations, Cape Beaufort area, Point Lay B-1, B-2, and B-3 quadrangles, Alaska, scale 1:63,360 (16.0 M)
- Plate 3 Geology and drill hole locations, Cape Beaufort area, Point Lay A-2, A-3, and A-4 quadrangles, Alaska, scale 1:63,360 (18.0 M)
- Plate 4 Geology and drill hole locations, Cape Beaufort area, De Long Mountains D-4 Quadrangle, Alaska, scale 1:63,360 (8.4 M)
- Plate 5 Chicago Creek area drill hole locations, scale 1:2,400 (6.0 M)
- Plate 6 Chicago Creek area geologic map and cross sections, scale 1:2,400 (6.6 M)
- Plate 7 Sinuk River drilling project, scale 1:63,360 (5.9 M)
- Plate 8 Koyuk drilling project, scale 1 inch = 25 feet (7.0 M)
- Plate 9 Unalakleet drilling project, scale 1:12,000 (6.3 M)
- Plate 10 St. Lawrence Island drilling project, scale 1:12,000 (8.0 M)