DGGS PIR 2008-1D
Title:Measured sections and preliminary interpretations of the Nanushuk Formation exposed along the Colville River near the confluences with the Awuna and Killik rivers
Authors:LePain, D.L., Decker, P.L., and Wartes, M.A.
Publication Date:Mar 2008
Publisher:Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Ordering Info:Download below or please see our publication sales page for more information.
Keyword(s):Albian; Bedrock; Brookian; Brookian Sequence; Coal; Colville Basin; Colville River; Cretaceous; Depositional Environments; Early Cretaceous; Facies Analysis; Marine Sedimentation; Marine Transgressions; Measured Sections; Nanushuk Formation; North Slope; Reservoir; Sandstone; Sedimentary Rocks; Sedimentology; Sequence Stratigraphy; Shale; Shoreface; Tuktu Bluff
LePain, D.L., Decker, P.L., and Wartes, M.A., 2008, Measured sections and preliminary interpretations of the Nanushuk Formation exposed along the Colville River near the confluences with the Awuna and Killik rivers, in Wartes, M.A., and Decker, P.L., ed., Preliminary results of recent geologic field investigations in the Brooks Range Foothills and North Slope, Alaska: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Preliminary Interpretive Report 2008-1D, p. 41-45, 4 sheets.
- pir2008_001d.pdf (415.0 K)
- This publication is part of a larger work. Please see PIR 2008-1 for more information.
Maps & Other Oversized Sheets
- Sheet 1 Regional location and seismic constraints on stratigprahic position of Nanushuk Formation measured sections (12.0 M)
- Sheet 2 Western Horseshoe Bend measured sections, Nanushuk Formation (29.0 M)
- Sheet 3 Eastern Horeshoe Bend measured section, Nanushuk Formation (15.0 M)
- Sheet 4 Killik Bend measured section, Nanushuk Formation (23.0 M)