DGGS PR 118
Title:Short notes on Alaska geology 1997
Authors:Clough, J.G., and Larson, Frank, eds.
Publisher:Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Ordering Info:Download below or please see our publication sales page for more information.
Quadrangle(s):Alaska General; Anchorage; Barrow; Barter Island; Beechey Point; Bendeleben; Craig; De Long Mountains; Demarcation Point; Flaxman Island; Harrison Bay; Iditarod; Ikpikpuk River; Iliamna; Kantishna River; Lookout Ridge; McGrath; Meade River; Medfra; Misheguk Mountain; Mount Katmai; Mount McKinley; Mount Michelson; Naknek; Nome; Nulato; Ophir; Point Lay; Port Moller; Ruby; Sagavanirktok; Sleetmute; Solomon; Talkeetna; Talkeetna Mountains; Teller; Teshekpuk; Ugashik; Umiat; Utukok River; Wainwright
Keyword(s):Alexander Terrane; Analyses and Sampling; Ar-Ar; Arctic National Wildlife Refuge; Bedrock; Biostratigraphy; Brachiopods; Chukchi Sea; Coal; Conodonts; Corals; Depositional Environment; Endicott Group; Energy; Farewell Terrane; Fission Track; Fossils; Geochemistry; Geochronology; Geology; Hadrosaur; K-Ar; Marine; Matanuska Formation; Metamorphism; Microfossils; Nanushuk Formation; National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska; Non-Metals; Organic Geochemistry; Paleoenvironment; Paleogeography; Paleontology; Pb/Pb; Petrified Wood; Petroleum; Plant Fossils; Provenance; Prudhoe Bay; Reconstructions; Resources; Sedimentation; Stratigraphy; Tectonics; Thermochronology; Tingmerkpuk Member; Turbidites; Vertebrate Fossils;
Clough, J.G., and Larson, Frank, eds., 1998, Short notes on Alaska geology 1997: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Professional Report 118, 142 p. http://doi.org/10.14509/2327
- pr118.pdf (8.8 M)
- PR 118AAmato, J.M., and Wright, J.E., 1998, Geochronologic investigations of magmatism and metamorphism within the Kigluaik Mountains gneiss dome, Seward Peninsula, Alaska, p. 1-21.
- PR 118BBaesemann, J.F., Brenckle, P.L., and Gruzlovic, P.D., 1998, Composite standard correlation of the Mississippian-Pennsylvanian (Carboniferous) Lisburne Group from Prudhoe Bay to the Eastern Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, North Slope Alaska, p. 23-36.
- PR 118CBanet, A.C., and Mowatt, T.C., 1998, Enigmatic source of oil from Chucki Sea, northwestern Alaska, p. 37-51.
- PR 118DBlodgett, R.B., 1998, Emsian (Late Early Devonian) fossils indicate a Siberian origin for the Farewell terrane, p. 53-61.
- PR 118EDecker, P.L., Wilson, G.C., Watts, A.B., and Work, David, 1998, Growth-position petrified trees overlying thick Nanushuk Group coal, Lili Creek, Lookout Ridge Quadrangle, North Slope Alaska, p. 63-70.
- PR 118FLePain, D.L., 1998, Paleotopographic control on deposition of the Lower Kayak Shale, northern Franklin Mountains, Brooks Range, Alaska, p. 71-85.
- PR 118GPaegle, J.S., Layer, P.W., and West, A.W., 1998, Cooling history of the Okpilak Batholith, northeastern Brooks Range, as determined from potassium-feldspar thermochronometry, p. 87-97.
- PR 118HPasch, A.D., and May, K.C., 1998, First occurrence of a Hadrosaur (Dinosauria) from the Matanuska Formation (Turonian) in the Talkeetna Mountains of south-central Alaska, p. 99-109.
- PR 118IReifenstuhl, R.R., Wilson, M.D., and Mull, C.G., 1998, Petrography of the Tingmerkpuk Sandstone (Neocomian), northwestern Brooks Range, Alaska: A preliminary study, p. 111-124.
- PR 118JSavage, N.M., and Soja, C.M., 1998, Lower to Middle Devonian (Latest Esmian to Earliest Eifelian) conodonts from the Alexander terrane, Southeastern Alaska, p. 125-129.
- PR 118KWartes, M.A., and Reifenstuhl, R.R., 1998, Preliminary petrography and provenance of six Lower Cretaceous sandstones, northwestern Brooks Range, Alaska, p. 131-140.