DGGS RI 93-3
Title:Coal resources of northwest Alaska
Authors:Clough, J.G., Roe, J.T., Eakins, G.R., Callahan, J.E., and Charlie, K.M.
Publisher:Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Ordering Info:Download below or please see our publication sales page for more information.
Quadrangle(s):Ambler River, Baird Mountains, Bendeleben, Candle, De Long Mountains, Kotzebue, Meade River, Misheguk Mountain, Nome, Norton Bay, Point Hope, Point Lay, Saint Lawrence, Selawik, Shungnak, Solomon, Teller, Unalakleet, Utukok River, Wainwright
Keyword(s):Age Dates; Cape Beaufort; Cape Lisburne; Chicago Creek; Coal; Coke Basin; Core Logs; Corwin Formation; Cretaceous; Deadfall Syncline; Death Valley Basin; Depositional Environment; Economic Geology; Energy Resources; Fossils; Geochemistry; Grouse Creek Coal; Historic Resources; K-Ar; Kapaloak Formation; Kiwalik Basin; Koyuk Basin; Measured Stratigraphic Section; Mining; Mississippian; Nanushuk Group; National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska; Norton Sound; Production Data; Proximate Analyses; Quaternary; Resource Assessment; Sample Location; Seward Peninsula; Stratigraphy; Structure; Tertiary; Ultimate Analyses; Uranium
Clough, J.G., Roe, J.T., Eakins, G.R., Callahan, J.E., and Charlie, K.M., 1995, Coal resources of northwest Alaska: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Report of Investigation 93-3, 35 p., 10 sheets, scale 1:12,000.
- ri1993_003.pdf (2.1 M)
Maps & Other Oversized Sheets
- Sheet 1 Location map of coal mines, coal-bearing rocks and State of Alaska 1980-85 drill holes and field investigations, northwestern Alaska, scale 1:1,000,000 (25.0 M)
- Sheet 2 Geology and drill hole locations, Cape Beaufort area, Point Lay B-1, B-2 and B-3 quadrangles, Alaska, scale 1:63,360 (3.6 M)
- Sheet 3 Geology and drill hole locations, Cape Beaufort area, Point Lay A-2, A-3 and A-4 quadrangles, Alaska, scale 1:63,360 (11.0 M)
- Sheet 4 Geology and drill hole locations, Cape Beaufort area, De Long Mountains D-4 quadrangles, Alaska, scale 1:63,360 (8.0 M)
- Sheet 5 Chicago Creek area drill hole locations, scale 1:2,400 (4.6 M)
- Sheet 6 Chicago Creek area geologic map and cross sections, scale 1:2,400 (4.9 M)
- Sheet 7 Sinuk River drilling project, scale 1:63,360 (27.0 M)
- Sheet 8 Koyuk drilling project, scale 1:12,000 (7.3 M)
- Sheet 9 Unalakleet drilling project, scale 1:12,000 (6.6 M)
- Sheet 10 St. Lawrence Island drilling project, scale 1:12,000 (6.9 M)