DGGS PIR 2014-2
Title:Cook Inlet program 2013 field studies: Observations and preliminary interpretations from new 1:63,360-scale geologic mapping of the Iniskin Peninsula, lower Cook Inlet, Alaska
Authors:Gillis, R.J., ed.
Publication Date:Jun 2014
Publisher:Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Ordering Info:Download below or please see our publication sales page for more information.
Quadrangle(s):Iliamna, Lake Clark
Keyword(s):Aleutian Arc; Bajocian; Bathonian; Bedrock Geologic Map; Callovian; Chinitna Bay; Chisik Conglomerate Member; Cook Inlet; Cook Inlet Basin; Early Jurassic; Energy Resources; Forearc Basin; Gas Basins; Geologic Map; Iniskin Bay; Iniskin Peninsula; Kimmeridgian; Late Jurassic; Late Triassic; Middle Jurassic; Oil Basins; Oil Bay; Oil Seeps; Oil and Gas Basin; Oxfordian; Petroleum Basin Study; Pomeroy Arkose Member; Red Glacier Formation; STATEMAP Project; Sedimentary Rocks; Snug Harbor Siltstone Member ; Strike-Slip; Structural Geology; Talkeetna Arc; Talkeetna Formation; Tithonian; Tuxedni Group; Volcanic Arc; Volcaniclastics
Gillis, R.J., ed., 2014, Cook Inlet program 2013 field studies: Observations and preliminary interpretations from new 1:63,360-scale geologic mapping of the Iniskin Peninsula, lower Cook Inlet, Alaska: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Preliminary Interpretive Report 2014-2, 31 p. doi:10.14509/27303
- pir2014_002.pdf (32.0 M)
- PIR 2014-2-1Gillis, R.J., Wartes, M.A., Herriott, T.M., Bull, K.F., Decker, P.L., and Betka, P.M., 2014, Overview of new 1:63,360-scale geologic mapping of the Iniskin Peninsula, lower Cook Inlet, Alaska, p. 3-6.
- PIR 2014-2-2Herriott, T.M., and Wartes, M.A., 2014, Brief overview of geologic mapping of the Middle Jurassic Chinitna Formation and Upper Jurassic Naknek Formation in the Tilted Hills, Iniskin Peninsula, Cook Inlet, Alaska, p. 7-11.
- PIR 2014-2-3Bull, K.F., 2014, Preliminary observations: A facies architecture study of the Lower Jurassic Talkeetna Formation, Iniskin Peninsula, Alaska, p. 13-16.
- PIR 2014-2-4Betka, P.M., and Gillis, R.J., 2014, Preliminary kinematic evidence for right-lateral slip along a system of steeply-dipping faults in the hanging wall of the Bruin Bay Fault, Iniskin Peninsula, lower Cook Inlet, Alaska, p. 17-22.
- PIR 2014-2-5Wartes, M.A., and Herriott, T.M., 2014, A new occurrence of oil-stained rocks within a small fault zone involving the Middle Jurassic Cynthia Falls Formation, Tuxedni Group, northern Iniskin Peninsula, p. 23-27.
- PIR 2014-2-6Wartes, M.A., and Herriott, T.M., 2014, Discovery of oil-stained sandstone within the Chinitna Formation, northern Iniskin Peninsula, p. 29-31.