USGS B 1946
Title:Geologic studies in Alaska by the U.S. Geological Survey, 1989
Authors:Dover, J.H. and Galloway, J.P., ed.
Publisher:U.S. Geological Survey
Ordering Info:USGS Publications Warehouse
Dover, J.H. and Galloway, J.P., ed., 1990, Geologic studies in Alaska by the U.S. Geological Survey, 1989: U.S. Geological Survey Bulletin 1946, 121 p.
- b1946.pdf (9.3 M)
- Bradley, D.C., 1990, Kinematics of late faults along Turnagain Arm, Mesozoic accretionary complex, south-central Alaska, p. 3-10.
- Foster, H.L. and Igarashi, Yaeko, 1990, Fossil pollen from nonmarine sedimentary rocks of the eastern Yukon-Tanana region, east-central Alaska, p. 11-20.
- Karl, S.M., Brew, D.A., and Wardlaw, B.R., 1990, Significance of Triassic marble from Nakwasina Sound, southeastern Alaska, p. 21-28.
- Lull, J.S. and Plafker, George, 1990, Geochemistry and paleotectonic implications of metabasaltic rocks in the Valdez Group, southern Alaska, p. 29-38.
- Marincovich, Louie, Jr. and Wiggins, V.D., 1990, Oligocene age of strata on Unga Island, Shumagin Islands, southwestern Alaska, p. 39-43.
- Miller, M.L., 1990, Mafic and ultramafic rocks of the Dishna River area, north-central Iditarod Quadrangle, west-central Alaska, p. 44-50.
- Miyaoka, R.T. and Dover, J.H., 1990, Shear sense in mylonites, and implications for transport of the Rampart Assemblage (Tozitna terrane), Tanana Quadrangle, east-central Alaska, p. 51-64.
- Stanley, R.G., McLean, Hugh, and Pawlewicz, M.J., 1990, Petroleum source potential and thermal maturity of the Tertiary Usibelli Group of Suntrana, central Alaska, p. 65-76.
- Conrad, J.E., McKee, E.H., and Turrin, B.D., 1990, K-Ar and 40Ar/39Ar ages of tuff beds at Ocean Point on the Colville River, Alaska, p. 77-82.
- Galloway, J.P. and Kra, Renee, 1990, Development of an Alaskan radiocarbon database as a subset of the International Radiocarbon Data Base (IRDB), p. 83-87.
- Hooper, R.J., Brew, D.A., Himmelberg, G.R., Stowell, H.H., Bauer, R.L., and Ford, A.B., 1990, The nature and significance of post-thermal-peak shear zones west of the Great Tonalite Sill near Juneau, southeastern Alaska, p. 88-94.
- Karl, S.M. and Aleinikoff, J.N., 1990, Proterozoic U-Pb zircon age of granite in the Kallarichuk Hills, western Brooks Range, Alaska; evidence for Precambrian basement in the schist belt, p. 95-100.
- Phillips, R.L., 1990, Summary of Late Cretaceous environments near Ocean Point, North Slope, Alaska, p. 101-106.
- Yeend, Warren, 1990, Gold placers, geomorphology, and paleo-drainage of Eureka Creek and Tofty areas, Alaska, p. 107-109.
- White, E.R., 1990, U.S. Geological Survey reports on Alaska released in 1989, p. 110-115.
- White, E.R., 1990, Reports about Alaska in non-USGS publications released in 1989 that include USGS authors, p. 116-121.