DGGS MP 9
Title:Placer mining-jobs for Alaska: Proceedings of the Ninth Annual Alaska Conference on Placer Mining-1987
Authors:Albanese, M.D., and Campbell, B.W., comps.
Publisher:Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Ordering Info:Download below or please see our publication sales page for more information.
Quadrangle(s):Alaska General; Bendeleben; Bettles; Big Delta; Chandalar; Charley River; Chignik; Circle; Eagle; Fairbanks; Goodnews Bay; Gulkana; Healy; Iditarod; Kantishna River; Ketchikan; Livengood; McCarthy; Mount Hayes; Mount McKinley; Nabesna; Nome; Ruby; Seldovia; Skagway; Sleetmute; Talkeetna Mountains; Tanana; Teller; Wiseman
Keyword(s):Economic Study; Flocculation; Gold; Historic Resources; Metals; Mining; Mining Methods; Placer; Production Data; Size Analysis; Turbidity; Water; Water Quality
Albanese, M.D., and Campbell, B.W., comps., 1987, Placer mining-jobs for Alaska: Proceedings of the Ninth Annual Alaska Conference on Placer Mining-1987: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Miscellaneous Publication 9, 321 p. http://doi.org/10.14509/672
- mp009.pdf (11.0 M)
- MP 9ASmelley, A.G., and Scheiner, B.J., 1987, Dewatering Alaska placer effluents with P E O: Preliminary field test results, p. 3-14.
- MP 9BCook, D.J., 1987, The role of the University of Alaska Fairbanks placer-mining education and research, p. 15-21.
- MP 9CCowan, Peggy, 1987, The Alaska Mineral Resource Kit, p. 23-25.
- MP 9DShen, Y.H., Fan, R.H., Maneval, D.R., and Cook, D.J., 1987, Application of polymers in the removal of suspended solids in placer-mining effluents, p. 27-43.
- MP 9EMosier, Elwin, Cathrall, J.B., Antweiler, John, Tripp, Richard, Lueck, L.L., and Eakins, G.R., 1987, Gold occurrences and characteristics in the Chandalar-Koyukuk area, p. 45-53.
- MP 9FDolphin, Kelly, and Ferree, T.J., 1987, The assessment of reprocessing hard-rock tailings, p. 55-57.
- MP 9GPeterson, L.A., 1987, Summary of the effects of suspended solids, viscosity, and clay on fine-gold recovery, p. 59-73.
- MP 9HTsigonis, R.C., 1987, Riffle packing, suspended solids, and gold loss in a sluice box, p. 75-87.
- MP 9ISkudrzyk, F.J., Bandopadhyay, Sukumar, and Rybachek, Rose, 1987, Experimental underground placer mining on Wilbur Creek, p. 89-119.
- MP 9JBurling, J.S., 1987, The Pacific Legal Foundation in Alaska: An Update, p. 121-129.
- MP 9KPollen, M.R., and Phillips, N.L., 1987, The demonstration of placer-mine wastewater treatment with flocculants at Esperanza Resources Co., Inc. on Faith Creek, p. 131-148.
- MP 9LMcPherson, Roger, 1987, Intrusions in the Fairbanks area and their relation to mineralization, p. 149-153.
- MP 9MErlich, E.I., 1987, The nature of island-arc systems and geotectonic regimes in Alaska, p. 155-167.
- MP 9NRamsey, Dale, 1987, Gel-log polymer treatment and flocculation in settling ponds, p. 169-171.
- MP 9OBones, John, 1987, Heavy-equipment maintenance management, p. 173-174.
- MP 9PBundtzen, T.K., 1987, New directions in the development of the Alaska mineral industry for the small miner, p. 175-181.
- MP 9QSmith, T.E., 1987, North Star Gold Investigations, p. 183-188.
- MP 9RDaniels, C.L., and Robinson, M.S., 1987, The public-record data base, p. 189-193.
- MP 9SMetz, P.A., 1987, Geological factors governing the formation of the gold placer deposits of the Fairbanks Mining District, Alaska, p. 195-223.
- MP 9THamil, Brent, and Adler, Kevin, 1987, Geophysical Exploration for placers and other valuable mineral deposits, p. 225-227.
- MP 9UWilkinson, Fred, 1987, Countercurrent sluicing on Ketchem Creek, p. 229-234.
- MP 9VZiegler, D.R., 1987, Drilling and blasting in permafrost at the Wilbur Creek Mine, p. 235-258.
- MP 9WStebbins, S.A., 1987, Cost-estimation handbook for small placer mines, p. 259-265.
- MP 9XHoekzema, R.B., Fechner, S.A., and Bundtzen, T.K., 1987, Distribution, analysis, and recovery of placer gold from the Porcupine Mining area, southeastern Alaska, p. 267-289.