DGGS MP 9
Title:Placer mining-jobs for Alaska: Proceedings of the Ninth Annual Alaska Conference on Placer Mining-1987
Authors:Albanese, M.D., and Campbell, B.W., comps.
Publisher:Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Ordering Info:Download below or please see our publication sales page for more information.
Quadrangle(s):Alaska General, Bendeleben, Bettles, Big Delta, Chandalar, Charley River, Chignik, Circle, Eagle, Fairbanks, Goodnews Bay, Gulkana, Healy, Iditarod, Kantishna River, Ketchikan, Livengood, McCarthy, Mount Hayes, Mount McKinley, Nabesna, Nome, Ruby, Seldovia, Skagway, Sleetmute, Talkeetna Mountains, Tanana, Teller, Wiseman
Keyword(s):Economic Study; Flocculation; Gold; Historic Resources; Mining; Mining Methods; Placer; Production Data; Size Analysis; Turbidity; Water Quality
Albanese, M.D., and Campbell, B.W., comps., 1987, Placer mining-jobs for Alaska: Proceedings of the Ninth Annual Alaska Conference on Placer Mining-1987: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Miscellaneous Publication 9, 321 p. http://doi.org/10.14509/672
- mp009.pdf (11.0 M)
- MP 9ASmelley, A.G., and Scheiner, B.J., 1987, Dewatering Alaska placer effluents with P E O: Preliminary field test results, p. 3-14.
- MP 9BCook, D.J., 1987, The role of the University of Alaska Fairbanks placer-mining education and research, p. 15-21.
- MP 9CCowan, Peggy, 1987, The Alaska Mineral Resource Kit, p. 23-25.
- MP 9DShen, Y.H., Fan, R.H., Maneval, D.R., and Cook, D.J., 1987, Application of polymers in the removal of suspended solids in placer-mining effluents, p. 27-43.
- MP 9EMosier, Elwin, Cathrall, J.B., Antweiler, John, Tripp, Richard, Lueck, L.L., and Eakins, G.R., 1987, Gold occurrences and characteristics in the Chandalar-Koyukuk area, p. 45-53.
- MP 9FDolphin, Kelly, and Ferree, T.J., 1987, The assessment of reprocessing hard-rock tailings, p. 55-57.
- MP 9GPeterson, L.A., 1987, Summary of the effects of suspended solids, viscosity, and clay on fine-gold recovery, p. 59-73.
- MP 9HTsigonis, R.C., 1987, Riffle packing, suspended solids, and gold loss in a sluice box, p. 75-87.
- MP 9ISkudrzyk, F.J., Bandopadhyay, Sukumar, and Rybachek, Rose, 1987, Experimental underground placer mining on Wilbur Creek, p. 89-119.
- MP 9JBurling, J.S., 1987, The Pacific Legal Foundation in Alaska: An Update, p. 121-129.
- MP 9KPollen, M.R., and Phillips, N.L., 1987, The demonstration of placer-mine wastewater treatment with flocculants at Esperanza Resources Co., Inc. on Faith Creek, p. 131-148.
- MP 9LMcPherson, Roger, 1987, Intrusions in the Fairbanks area and their relation to mineralization, p. 149-153.
- MP 9MErlich, E.I., 1987, The nature of island-arc systems and geotectonic regimes in Alaska, p. 155-167.
- MP 9NRamsey, Dale, 1987, Gel-log polymer treatment and flocculation in settling ponds, p. 169-171.
- MP 9OBones, John, 1987, Heavy-equipment maintenance management, p. 173-174.
- MP 9PBundtzen, T.K., 1987, New directions in the development of the Alaska mineral industry for the small miner, p. 175-181.
- MP 9QSmith, T.E., 1987, North Star Gold Investigations, p. 183-188.
- MP 9RDaniels, C.L., and Robinson, M.S., 1987, The public-record data base, p. 189-193.
- MP 9SMetz, P.A., 1987, Geological factors governing the formation of the gold placer deposits of the Fairbanks Mining District, Alaska, p. 195-223.
- MP 9THamil, Brent, and Adler, Kevin, 1987, Geophysical Exploration for placers and other valuable mineral deposits, p. 225-227.
- MP 9UWilkinson, Fred, 1987, Countercurrent sluicing on Ketchem Creek, p. 229-234.
- MP 9VZiegler, D.R., 1987, Drilling and blasting in permafrost at the Wilbur Creek Mine, p. 235-258.
- MP 9WStebbins, S.A., 1987, Cost-estimation handbook for small placer mines, p. 259-265.
- MP 9XHoekzema, R.B., Fechner, S.A., and Bundtzen, T.K., 1987, Distribution, analysis, and recovery of placer gold from the Porcupine Mining area, southeastern Alaska, p. 267-289.