Gradual or rapid downslope movement of soil or rock under gravitational stress. Neuendorf, K.K.E., Mehl, J.P., Jr., and Jackson, J.A., eds., 2005, Glossary of Geology: American Geological Institute, 799 p.
Below is a list of publications related to Periglacial Slope Failure. Select a publication number to access more detailed information and their respective files available for download.
- RI 2019-8
- Koehler, R.D., Reger, D.R., Spangler, E.R., and Hubbard, T.D., 2019, Assessment of geomorphology and geologic hazards in the Parks Highway-Minto Flats-Dalton Highway infrastructure corridor: Cook Inlet to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Report of Investigation 2019-8, 82 p., 4 sheets. http://doi.org/10.14509/30100
- GPR 2016-5
- Emond, A.M., Daanen, R.P., Graham, G.R.C., Walter Anthony, Katey, Liljedahl, A.K., Minsley, B.J., Barnes, D.L., Romanovsky, V.E., and CGG Canada Services Ltd., 2018, Airborne electromagnetic and magnetic survey, Goldstream Creek watershed, interior Alaska: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Geophysical Report 2016-5, 14 p. http://doi.org/10.14509/29681
- Daanen, R.P. and others, 2015
- Daanen, R.P., Darrow, M.M., and Hubbard, T.D., 2015, Influence of catchment properties on stability of frozen debris lobes (presentation): Cordilleran Section of the Geological Society of America 111th Annual Meeting, Anchorage, Alaska, May 11-13, 2015: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys, 21 p. http://doi.org/10.14509/29815
- PIR 2012-1B
- Hubbard, T.D., Reger, R.D., and Gallagher, P.E., 2013, Engineering - geologic map of the Alaska Highway corridor, Tetlin Junction to Canada border, Alaska: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Preliminary Interpretive Report 2012-1B, 2 sheets, scale 1:63,360. http://doi.org/10.14509/24624