A density current of pyroclastic material, usually very hot and composed of a mixture of gases and particles. A syn. of ash flow used in a more general sense in that an ash flow is composed of ash-sized pyroclasts. Neuendorf, K.K.E., Mehl, J.P., Jr., and Jackson, J.A., eds., 2005, Glossary of Geology: American Geological Institute, 799 p.
Below is a list of publications related to Pyroclastic Flow. Select a publication number to access more detailed information and their respective files available for download.
- IC 67
- Mulliken, K.M., 2018, The Alaska Volcano Observatory: 30 years of protecting Alaskans from the effects of volcanic activity (1988-2018): Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Information Circular 67, 2 p. http://doi.org/10.14509/30032
- DDS 13
- Cameron, C.E., and Snedigar, S.F., eds., 2016, Alaska Volcano Observatory image database: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Digital Data Series 13, https://www.avo.alaska.edu/images/. http://doi.org/10.14509/29689
- PIR 2015-5
- Wartes, M.A., ed., 2015, Energy-related studies during the 2014 field season, western Cook Inlet, Alaska: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Preliminary Interpretive Report 2015-5, 62 p. http://doi.org/10.14509/29455
- RI 2014-5
- Stelling, P.L., Beget, J.E., Gardner, J.E., and Schaefer, J.R., 2014, Preliminary volcano-hazard assessment for Fisher volcano, Unimak Island, Alaska: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Report of Investigation 2014-5, 32 p., 1 sheet, scale 1:500,000. http://doi.org/10.14509/29146
- PIR 2013-5
- Helmold, K.P., LePain, D.L., Wilson, M.D., and Peterson, C.S., 2013, Petrology and reservoir potential of Tertiary and Mesozoic sandstones, Cook Inlet, Alaska: A preliminary analysis of outcrop samples collected during 2007-2010 field seasons: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Preliminary Interpretive Report 2013-5, 34 p. http://doi.org/10.14509/25035