Volatile matter, released during a volcanic eruption, that was previously dissolved in the magma. Neuendorf, K.K.E., Mehl, J.P., Jr., and Jackson, J.A., eds., 2005, Glossary of Geology: American Geological Institute, 799 p.
Below is a list of publications related to Volcanic Gas. Select a publication number to access more detailed information and their respective files available for download.
- IC 67
- Mulliken, K.M., 2018, The Alaska Volcano Observatory: 30 years of protecting Alaskans from the effects of volcanic activity (1988-2018): Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Information Circular 67, 2 p. http://doi.org/10.14509/30032
- RI 2017-10
- Schaefer, J.R., Scott, W.E., and Layer, P.W., 2017, Geologic map of Mount Chiginagak volcano, Alaska: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Report of Investigation 2017-10, 32 p., 1 sheet, scale 1:25,000. http://doi.org/10.14509/29769
- RI 2014-5
- Stelling, P.L., Beget, J.E., Gardner, J.E., and Schaefer, J.R., 2014, Preliminary volcano-hazard assessment for Fisher volcano, Unimak Island, Alaska: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Report of Investigation 2014-5, 32 p., 1 sheet, scale 1:500,000. http://doi.org/10.14509/29146
- P 1769
- Power, J.A., Coombs, M.L., and Freymueller, J.T., eds., 2010, The 2006 eruption of Augustine Volcano, Alaska: U.S. Geological Survey Professional Paper 1769, 684 p.
- OF 2007-1400
- Doukas, M.P., and McGee, K.A., 2007, A compilation of gas emission-rate data from volcanoes of Cook Inlet (Spurr, Crater Peak, Redoubt, Iliamna, and Augustine) and Alaska Peninsula (Douglas, Fourpeaked, Griggs, Mageik, Martin, Peulik, Ukinrek Maars, and Veniaminof), Alaska, from 1995-2006: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2007-1400, 13 p.
- P 1732-B
- Coombs, M.L., Neal, C.A., Wessels, R.L., and McGimsey, R.G., 2006, Geothermal disruption of summit glaciers at Mount Spurr Volcano, 2004-6: An unusual manifestation of volcanic unrest, in Haeussler, P.J., and Galloway, J.P., eds., Studies by the U.S. Geological Survey in Alaska, 2005: U.S. Geological Survey Professional Paper 1732-B, 33 p.