USGS OF 59-94
Title:Engineering geology bearing on harbor site selection along the northwest coast of Alaska from Nome to Point Barrow
Authors:Pewe, T.L., Hopkins, D.M., and Lachenbruch, A.H.
Publisher:U.S. Geological Survey
USGS Publications Warehouse
Quadrangle(s):Alaska Statewide; Noatak; Point Hope
Pewe, T.L., Hopkins, D.M., and Lachenbruch, A.H., 1959, Engineering geology bearing on harbor site selection along the northwest coast of Alaska from Nome to Point Barrow: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 59-94, 57 p., 5 sheets.
Maps & Other Oversized Sheets
- Plate 1 Index map, scale 1:5,000,000 (531.0 K)
- Plate 2 Geology of the northwest coast of Alaska, scale 1:2,500,000 (2.8 M)
- Plate 3 Sea floor sediments- permafrost zones, scale 1:5,000,000 (384.0 K)
- Plate 6 Surficial geology of the Cape Thompson- Cape Seppings area, Alaska, scale 1:63,360 (347.0 K)
- Plate 7 Diagrammatic cross sections showing sub-surface geology in the Cape Thompson- Cape Seppings area, Alaska (218.0 K)
Engineering; Engineering Geology; Geology; Permafrost and Periglacial; Resources
Top of Page