Magnetic, electromagnetic, radiometric, seismic and gravity geophysical data are available
Airborne Magnetic, Electromagnetic and Radiometric Data
- Geophysical Surveys List
- List of DGGS airborne geophysical surveys that provides links to metadata, options for viewing, downloading, and ordering geophysical data
- Geophysical Data Interactive Map
- Interactive map of available modern airborne geophysical surveys from DGGS, select surveys from cooperating entities, and other geophysical publications. Provides metadata, options
for viewing, downloading, and ordering geophysical data.
- Geophysical Report Publication Products
- Overview of Geophysical Report (GPR) publication data products available to help users identify the data they need.
- What type of data do I need?
Seismic and Borehole Data
- Seismic and Borehole Data
- 2D and 3D seismic and borehole data available from the Seismic Exploration Tax Credit Program as per statute AS 34.55.025
Regional Geophysical Data
- DGGS regional datasets - DDS 12
- Merged airborne geophysical data grids available for some areas
- 2006 Compilation of Alaska Gravity Data and Historical Reports
- USGS compilation of gravity stations in Alaska
- 2015 Alaska Statewide Magentic Merge
- Alaska statewide magnetic anomaly map in grid and database formats
- 2019 Yukon-Eastern Alaska Magnetic Grid
- Natural Resources Canada created magnetic data merge of Yukon Territory and eastern Alaska
- U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
- USGS is the nation's largest water, earth, and biological science and civilian mapping agency. It collects, monitors, analyzes, and provides scientific understanding of natural resource conditions, issues, and problems.
- Science Base Catalog
- ScienceBase is a collaborative scientific data and information management platform to provide access to many data and information resources including feeds from existing data systems, metadata catalogs, and scientists contributing new and original content.
- USGS Mineral Resources Online Spatial Data
- USGS hosted website that supplies mineral resource information along with the geologic, geochemical, and geophysical information needed to understand and assess mineral resource potential.
- Natural Resources Canada
- Natural Resources Canada is an established leader in science and technology in the fields of energy, forests, and minerals and metals and use our expertise in earth sciences to build and maintain an up-to-date knowledge base of our landmass.
- Geoscience Data Repository
- The Geoscience Data Repository (GDR) for Canadian Geophysical Data.
- GEOSCAN is the bibliographic database for scientific maps and publications of Natural Resources Canada (NRCan).
- Yukon Geological Survey
- The mandate of Yukon Geological Survey (YGS) is to provide the geoscience information required for resource and land management for the benefit of Yukoners. YGS acquires and disseminates geological and geohazard knowledge to support exploration, inform resource and land management planning, and engage communities, schools and the public.
- British Columbia Geological Survey
- The British Columbia Geological Survey (BCGS) is the ministry branch responsible for producing and housing the public geological and geoscientific information about mineral resources and mineral potential in the province. Its core staff is made of professional geoscientists who carry out the systematic inventory and assessment of the varied and complex geology of British Columbia.
What type of data do I need?
I don't have a computer / I prefer paper
Please contact us to get a paper map or view data that does not require specialized software.
I don't have specialized software
PDFs, KMZ files, and digital data packages called "outreach" will likely work for you. See these data products explained.
I am an educator
DGGS staff may be able to volunteer some classroom time, lead a field trip, or provided other support. Contact us for more information.
PDFs, KMZ files, and digital data packages called "outreach" will likely work for you. See these geophysical data products explained.
I have industry standard software
Most digital data packages contain file formats which you can directly integrate into your preferred work environment. Grids, point data in ascii and database formats, and georeferenced
images are all available. To learn more, click the metadata link associated with the dataset.
I am a contractor
Learn more about collaborating with DGGS.
I want a large number of data sets and or offline resources such as flight videos.
Please contact us to arrange this data deliverable.