USGS C 1016
Title:Geologic studies in Alaska by the U.S. Geological Survey during 1987
Authors:Galloway, J.P., and Hamilton, T.D., ed.
Publisher:U.S. Geological Survey
Ordering Info:USGS Publications Warehouse
Galloway, J.P., and Hamilton, T.D., ed., 1988, Geologic studies in Alaska by the U.S. Geological Survey during 1987: U.S. Geological Survey Circular 1016, 215 p.
- c-1016.pdf (44.0 M)
- Mayo, L.R., 1988, Advance of Hubbard Glacier and closure of Russell Fiord, Alaska--environmental effects and hazards in the Yakutat area, p. 4-17.
- Blodgett, R.B., Rohr, D.M., Harris, A.G., and Jia-yu, Rong, 1988, A major unconformity between Upper Ordovician and Lower Devonian strata in the Nanook Limestone, Shublik Mountains, northeastern Brooks Range, p. 18-23.
- Brouwers, E.M., and Marincovich, Louie, Jr., 1988, Ostracode and molluscan assemblages from the late Neogene Nuwok Member of the Sagavanirktok Formation, North Slope, p. 24-26.
- Carter, L.D., Brouwers, E.M., and Marincovich, Louie, Jr., 1988, Nearshore marine environments of the Alaskan Beaufort Sea during deposition of the Flaxman Member of the Gubik Formation, p. 27-30.
- Dumoulin, J.A., 1988, Stromatolite- and coated-grain-bearing carbonate rocks of the western Brooks Range, p. 31-34.
- Dumoulin, J.A., and Harris, A.G., 1988, Off-platform Silurian sequences in the Ambler River quadrangle, p. 35-38.
- Hamilton, T.D., Galloway, J.P., and Koster, E.A., 1988, Late Wisconsin eolian activity and related alluviation, central Kobuk River valley, p. 39-43.
- Kelley, J.S., and Bohn, Diedra, 1988, Decollements in the Endicott Mountains allochthon, north-central Brooks Range, p. 44-47.
- Lachenbruch, A.H., Galanis, S.P., Jr., and Moses, T.H., Jr., 1988, A thermal cross section for the permafrost and hydrate stability zones in the Kuparuk and Prudhoe Bay oil fields, p. 48-53.
- Blodgett, R.B., Zhang, Ning, Ormiston, A.R., and Weber, F.R., 1988, A Late Silurian age determination for the limestone of the Lost Creek unit, Livengood C-4 Quadrangle, east-central Alaska, p. 54-56.
- Gergen, L.D., Decker, J.E., and Plafker, George, 1988, A comparative petrologic study of sandstone from the Wilber Creek, Cascaden Ridge, and Wickersham units in the Livengood Quadrangle, p. 57-60.
- Karl, S.M., Ager, T.A., Hanneman, Karl, and Teller, S.D., 1988, Tertiary gold-bearing gravel at Livengood, Alaska, p. 61-63.
- Light, T.D., Lee, G.K., Tripp, R.B., and Bailey, E.A., 1988, Reconnaissance geochemical investigations of the White Mountains National Recreation Area, east-central Alaska, p. 64-67.
- Loney, R.A., and Himmelberg, G.R., 1988, Ultramafic rocks of the Livengood terrane, p. 68-70.
- McCammon, R.B., Light, T.D., and Rinehart, C.D., 1988, Mineral resource assessment for part of the White Mountains National Recreation Area, p. 71-74.
- Moore, T.E., and Nokleberg, W.J., 1988, Stratigraphy, sedimentology, and structure of the Wickersham terrane in the Cache Mountain area, east-central Alaska, p. 75-80.
- Rose, S.C., Pickthorn, W.J., and Goldfarb, R.J., 1988, Gold mineralization by metamorphic fluids in the Chandalar district, southern Brooks Range--fluid inclusion and oxygen-isotopic evidence, p. 81-85.
- Gray, J.E., Smith, S.C., and Goldfarb, R.J., 1988, Factor analysis of the NURE stream-sediment and lake-sediment geochemical data from the Iditarod quadrangle, p. 86-90.
- Kaufman, D.S., Hopkins, D.M., and Calkin, P.E., 1988, Glacial geologic history of the Salmon Lake area, Seward Peninsula, p. 91-94.
- McGimsey, R.G., and Miller, M.L., 1988, Lahar deposit in the Iditarod volcanics, southwestern Iditarod quadrangle, p. 95-98.
- Miller, M.L., and Bundtzen, T.K., 1988, Right-lateral offset solution for the Iditarod-Nixon Fork fault, western Alaska, p. 99-103.
- Murphy, J.M., and Patton, W.W., Jr., 1988, Geologic setting and petrography of the phyllite and metagraywacke thrust panel, north-central Alaska, p. 104-109.
- Aleinikoff, J.N., Plafker, George, and Nokleberg, W.J., 1988, Middle Pennsylvanian plutonic rocks along the southern margin of the Wrangellia terrane, p. 110-113.
- Richter, D.H., Schmoll, H.R., and Bove, D.J., 1988, Source of the Sanford volcanic debris flow, south-central Alaska, p. 114-116.
- Stanley, R.G., 1988, Hydrocarbon source potential and thermal maturity of the Sanctuary Formation (middle Miocene), northern foothills of the Alaska Range, p. 117-120.
- Stricker, G.D., Brownfield, M.E., Yehle, L.A., and Wolfe, J.A., 1988, Mineralogy and stage assignment of some Tertiary coal from the Tikishla Park drill hole, Anchorage, Alaska, p. 121-125.
- Frost, T.P., Calzia, J.P., Kistler, R.W., and Vivit, D.V., 1988, Petrogenesis of the Crooked Mountains pluton, Bethel Quadrangle: a preliminary report, p. 126-131.
- Goldfarb, R.J., Gray, J.E., and Tripp, R.B., 1988, Geochemical anomalies in the eastern Katmai region of the Alaska Peninsula, p. 132-137.
- Bauer, R.L., Himmelberg, G.R., Brew, D.A., and Ford, A.B., 1988, Relative timing of porphyroblast growth, foliation development, and ductile shear in pelitic metamorphic rocks from the Juneau area, southeastern Alaska, p. 138-142.
- Brew, D.A., and Karl, S.M., 1988, A reexamination of the contacts and other features of the Gravina Belt, southeastern Alaska, p. 143-146.
- Brew, D.A., Karl, S.M., and Miller, J.W., 1988, Megafossils (Buchia) indicate Late Jurassic age for part of Kelp Bay Group on Baranof Island, southeastern Alaska, p. 147-149.
- Ford, A.B., and Brew, D.A., 1988, Major-element geochemistry of metabasalts of the Juneau-Haines region, southeastern Alaska, p. 150-155.
- Gergen, L.D., and Plafker, George, 1988, Petrography of sandstones of the Orca Group from the southern Trans-Alaskan Crustal Transect (TACT) route and Montague Island, p. 156-159.
- Goldfarb, R.J., Hofstra, A.H., Landis, G.P., and Leach, D.L., 1988, H2S-rich vein-forming fluids at the Sumdum Chief Gold Mine, southeastern Alaska, p. 160-163.
- Karl, S.M., Johnson, B.R., and Lanphere, M.A., 1988, New K-Ar ages for plutons on western Chichagof Island and on Yakobi Island, p. 164-168.
- Lull, J.S., and Plafker, George, 1988, Geochemistry and petrography of lamprophyre dike rocks in the Coast Mountains, southeastern Alaska, p. 169-173.
- Newberry, R.J., and Brew, D.A., 1988, Alteration zoning and origin of the Alaska-Juneau gold deposit, p. 174-179.
- Barnes, P.W., and Reimnitz, Erk, 1988, Construction of an arctic barrier island by alternating sea-ice pileup and overwash, p. 180-182.
- Phillips, R.L., and Colgan, M.W., 1988, Sea-floor feeding traces of gray whales and walrus in the northeast Chukchi Sea, p. 183-186.
- Phillips, R.L., Pickthorn, L.G., and Rearic, D.M., 1988, Late Cretaceous sediments from the northeast Chukchi Sea, p. 187-189.
- Reimnitz, Erk, and Barnes, P.W., 1988, Evidence for sea-ice impact on Icy Reef, Beaufort Sea coast, p. 190.