USGS C 772-B
Title:The United States Geological Survey in Alaska; accomplishments during 1977
Publisher:U.S. Geological Survey
Comments:The list of articles below is incomplete. The titles shown are cited in DGGS products. Maps are included in the text report.
Ordering Info:USGS Publications Warehouse
Johnson, K.M., 1978, The United States Geological Survey in Alaska; accomplishments during 1977: U.S. Geological Survey Circular 772-B, p. B-1-B-115.
- c-0772b.pdf (9.9 M)
- Mayfield, C.F., Tailleur, I.L., Mull, C.G., and Silberman, M.L., 1977, Granitic clasts from Upper Cretaceous conglomerate in the northwestern Brooks Range, p. B11-B12.
- Yeend, Warren, 1978, Surficial geology of the foothills and mountains of NPRA, p. B19.
- Foster, H.L., Jones, D.L., Keith, T.E., Wardlaw, Bruce, and Weber, F.R., 1978, Late Paleozoic radiolarians and conodonts found in chert of Big Delta quadrangle, p. B34-B35.
- Chapman, R.M., and Patton, W.W., 1978, Preliminary summary of the geology in the northwest part of the Ruby quadrangle, p. B39-B40.
- Miller, T.P., and Johnson, B.R., 1978, An occurrence of parsonite, a secondary uranium mineral, in alaskite of the Wheeler Creek pluton, p. B42-B43.
- Plafker, George, Hudson, Travis, and Jones, D.L., 1978, Upper Triassic radiolarian chert from the Kobuk volcanic sequence in the southern Brooks Range, p. B45-B46.
- Hudson, Travis, and Plafker, George, 1978, Kigluaik and Bendeleben faults, Seward Peninsula, p. B47-B49.
- Hoare, J.M., and Coonrad, W.L., 1978, Lawsonite in southwestern Alaska, p. B55-B56.
- Magoon, L.B., Egbert, R.M., and Petering, George, 1978, Upper Jurassic and Cretaceous rocks of the Kamishak Hills - Douglas River area, lower Cook Inlet, p. B57-B59.
- Wilson, F.H., Detterman, R.L., and Silberman, M.L., 1978, New ages on intrusive rocks and altered zones on the Alaska Peninsula, p. B63-B64.
- Silberman, M.L., Csejtey, Bela, Smith, J.G., Lanphere, M.A., and Wilson, F.H., 1978, New potassium-argon data on the edge of mineralization and metamorphism in the Willow Creek mining district, southern Talkeetna Mountains, Alaska, p. B65.
- McLean, Hugh, 1978, Tertiary sedimentary rocks of the Alaska Peninsula between Pavlof Bay and False Pass; their geologic and petroleum potential, p. B65-B68.
- Csejtey, Bela, Nelson, W.H., Jones, D.L., and Silberling, N.J., 1978, Tectonic significance of newly discovered lower Paleozoic strata in the upper Chulitna Valley, south-central Alaska, p. B69-B70.
- Schmoll, H.R., and Yehle, L.A., 1978, Generalized physiography and geology of the Beluga coal field and vicinity, south-central Alaska, p. B73-B75.
- Berg, H.C., Elliott, R.L., Smith, J.G., and Koch, R.D., 1978, New geologic map of Ketchikan and Prince Rupert quadrangles, southeastern Alaska, p. B82-B83.
- Brew, D.A., Johnson, B.R., Ford, A.B., and Morrell, R.P., 1978, Intrusive rocks in the Fairweather Range, Glacier Bay National Monument, Alaska, p. B88-B89.
- Plafker, George, Winkler, G.R., Hunt, S.J., Bartsch-Winkler, Susan, Coonrad, W.L., and Quinterno, Paula, 1978, Outcrop samples from the continental slope in the eastern Gulf of Alaska, p. B97-B101.
- Hoare, J.M., and Coonrad, W.L., 1978, New geologic map of the Goodnews - Hagemeister Island quadrangles region, Alaska, p. B112-B113.