DGGS GB 7 vol. 1
Title:Bedrock geology of the eastern Koyukuk basin, central Brooks Range, and east-central Arctic Slope along the Dalton Highway, Yukon River to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, Volume 1
Authors:Mull, C.G., and Adams, K.E., eds.
Publisher:Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Ordering Info:Download below or please see our publication sales page for more information.
Quadrangle(s):Arctic; Beaver; Beechey Point; Bettles; Chandalar; Chandler Lake; Demarcation Point; Harrison Bay; Howard Pass; Ikpikpuk River; Killik River; Livengood; Lookout Ridge; Mount Michelson; Noatak; Philip Smith Mountains; Point Hope; Point Lay; Sagavanirktok; Table Mountain; Tanana; Umiat; Wiseman
Keyword(s):ACMP Coastal District; Age Dates; Alaska Pipeline; Ambler Volcanics; Analyses and Sampling; Angayucham Terrane; Angayucham Thrust; Antimony; Arctic Alaska Terrane; Arctic National Wildlife Refuge; Atigun River; Bedrock; Bedrock Geologic Map; Bedrock Geology; Brookian Sequence; Climate; Coastal; Coquinoid Limestone; Depositional Environment; Doonerak Fenster; Echooka Formation; Economic Geology; Ellesmerian Sequence; Foraminifera; Fortress Mountain Formation; Franklinian Sequence; Generalized; Geochronology; Geology; Geomorphology; Glacial Geology; Glaciation; Gold; Gravity; Gravity Survey; Historic Resources; Hodzana Pluton; Hunt Fork Shale; Jim River Pluton; Kanayut Conglomerate; Kayak Shale; Kekiktuk Conglomerate; Lisburne Group; Malemute-South Fork Fault; Measured Stratigraphic Section; Metals; Metamorphism; Mining; Modal Analysis; Mosquito Terrane; Nanushuk Formation; National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska; Noatak Sandstone; Okpikruak Formation; Otuk Formation; Paleocurrent; Paleogeography; Paleontology; Permafrost; Petrography; Petroleum; Petrology; Pingos; Placer; Prudhoe Bay; Reconstructions; Reservoir Model; Resources; Road Log; Ruby Terrane; Sadlerochit Group; Sedimentation; Shublik Formation; Siksikpuk Formation; Size Analysis; Stratigraphy; Surficial; Tectonics; Vegetation; Yukon-Koyukuk Basin;
Mull, C.G., and Adams, K.E., eds., 1989, Bedrock geology of the eastern Koyukuk basin, central Brooks Range, and east-central Arctic Slope along the Dalton Highway, Yukon River to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, Volume 1: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Guidebook 7 vol. 1, 309 p., 1 sheet, scale 1 inch = 45 miles. http://doi.org/10.14509/269
- gb007vol1.pdf (84.0 M)
- GB 7-1Mull, C.G., and Adams, K.E., 1989, Introduction, p. 1-16.
- GB 7-2Dutro, J.T., Jr., 1989, A brief history of eighty years of geological exploration in the central Brooks Range, northern Alaska, p. 17-21.
- GB 7-3Hamilton, T.D., 1989, Glacial geology of the Brooks Range, p. 23-26.
- GB 7-4Patton, W.W., Jr., 1989, Framework geology: Yukon River to Brooks Range, p. 27-30.
- GB 7-5Mull, C.G., 1989, Generalized stratigraphy and structure of the Brooks Range and Arctic Slope, p. 31-46.
- GB 7-6Mull, C.G., 1989, Summary of structural style and history of Brooks Range deformation, p. 47-56.
- GB 7-7Mull, C.G., 1989, Dalton Highway road log, Introduction, p. 57-58.
- GB 7-7APatton, W.W., Jr., Miller, T.P., and Box, S.E., 1989, Dalton Highway road log from Yukon Crossing (Mile 56) to South Fork Koyukuk River (Mile 15.2), p. 59-73.
- GB 7-7BDillon, J.T., Solie, D.N., Decker, J.E., Murphy, J.M., Bakke, A.A., and Huber, J.A., 1989, Road log from South Fork Koyukuk River (Mile 156.2) to Chandalar Shelf (Mile 237.1), p. 74-98.
- GB 7-7CMull, C.G., and Harris, E.E., 1989, Road log from Chandalar Shelf (Mile 237.1) to Prudhoe Bay (Mile 414), p. 101-130.
- GB 7-8Mull, C.G., 1989, History of oil exploration on the Arctic Slope, p. 133-139.
- GB 7-9Mull, C.G., and Opstad, E.A., 1989, The Prudhoe Bay oil field, p. 141-155.
Maps & Other Oversized Sheets
- Sheet 1 Generalized geologic map of the Brooks Range and Arctic Slope, Northern Alaska, scale 1 inch = 45 miles (5.0 M)