DGGS GB 7 vol. 2
Title:Bedrock geology of the eastern Koyukuk basin, central Brooks Range, and east-central Arctic Slope along the Dalton Highway, Yukon River to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, Volume 2
Authors:Mull, C.G., and Adams, K.E., eds.
Publisher:Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Ordering Info:Download below or please see our publication sales page for more information.
Quadrangle(s):Arctic, Beaver, Beechey Point, Bettles, Chandalar, Chandler Lake, De Long Mountains, Demarcation Point, Harrison Bay, Howard Pass, Ikpikpuk River, Killik River, Livengood, Lookout Ridge, Mount Michelson, Noatak, Philip Smith Mountains, Point Hope, Point Lay, Sagavanirktok, Table Mountain, Tanana, Umiat, Utukok River, Wiseman
Keyword(s):Aeromagnetic Survey; Age Dates; Alaska Pipeline; Ambler Volcanics; Angayucham Terrane; Angayucham Thrust; Antimony; Arctic Alaska Terrane; Arctic National Wildlife Refuge; Atigun River; Brookian Sequence; Climate; Coquinoid Limestone; Depositional Environment; Doonerak Fenster; Echooka Formation; Economic Geology; Ellesmerian Sequence; Foraminifera; Fortress Mountain Formation; Franklinian Sequence; Geomorphology; Glacial Geology; Glaciation; Gold; Gravity Survey; Historic Resources; Hodzana Pluton; Hunt Fork Shale; Jim River Pluton; Kanayut Conglomerate; Kayak Shale; Kekiktuk Conglomerate; Lisburne Group; Magnetometer Survey; Malemute-South Fork Fault; Measured Stratigraphic Section; Metamorphism; Mining; Modal Analysis; Mosquito Terrane; Nanushuk Formation; National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska; Noatak Sandstone; Okpikruak Formation; Otuk Formation; Paleocurrent; Paleogeography; Permafrost; Petrography; Petroleum; Petrology; Pingos; Placer; Prudhoe Bay; Reconstructions; Reservoir Model; Road Log; Ruby Terrane; Sadlerochit Group; Sedimentation; Shublik Formation; Siksikpuk Formation; Size Analysis; Stratigraphy; Tectonics; Vegetation; Yukon-Koyukuk Basin
Mull, C.G., and Adams, K.E., eds., 1989, Bedrock geology of the eastern Koyukuk basin, central Brooks Range, and east-central Arctic Slope along the Dalton Highway, Yukon River to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, Volume 2: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Guidebook 7 vol. 2, 167 p., 1 sheet, scale 1:2,851,200. doi:10.14509/2875
- gb007vol2.pdf (36.0 M)
- GB 7-10Dillon, J.T., 1989, Structure and stratigraphy of the southern Brooks Range and northern Koyukuk basin near the Dalton Highway, p. 157-187.
- GB 7-11Blum, J.D., Dillon, J.T., and Blum, A.E., 1989, Regional significance of the Jim River and Hodzana plutons, p. 189-190.
- GB 7-12Smith, D.T., and Dillon, J.T., 1989, Gravity-and-magnetic model of the Dalton Highway corridor through the Brooks Range, p. 191-194.
- GB 7-13Dillon, J.T., Lamal, K.K., and Huber, J.A., 1989, Gold deposits in the upper Koyukuk and Chandalar mining districts, p. 195-201.
- GB 7-14Mull, C.G., Adams, K.E., and Dillon, J.T., 1989, Stratigraphy and structure of the Doonerak fenster and Endicott Mountains allochthon, central Brooks Range, p. 203-217.
- GB 7-15Moore, T.E., Nilsen, T.H., and Brosge, W.P., 1989, Sedimentology of the Kanayut Conglomerate, p. 219-252.
- GB 7-16Armstrong, A.K., and Mamet, B.L., 1989, Stratigraphy of the Lisburne Group in the central Brooks Range, p. 253-265.
- GB 7-17Adams, K.E., and Siok, J.P., 1989, Permian stratigraphy in the Atigun Gorge area: A transition between the Echooka and Siksikpuk Formations, p. 267-276.
- GB 7-18Bodnar, D.A., 1989, Stratigraphy of the Otuk Formation and a Cretaceous coquinoid limestone and shale unit, northcentral Brooks Range, p. 277-284.
- GB 7-19Siok, J.P., 1989, Stratigraphy and petrology of the Okpikruak Formation at Cobblestone Creek, northcentral Brooks Range, p. 285-292.
- GB 7-20Crowder, R.K., 1989, Deposition of the Fortress Mountain Formation, p. 293-301.
- GB 7-21Huffman, A.C., Jr., 1989, The Nanushuk Group, p. 303-309.
Maps & Other Oversized Sheets
- Sheet 1 Gravity and aeromagnetically modeled cross section of the Dalton Highway Corridor through the southern Brooks Range, Alaska, scale 1:2,851,200 (7.0 M)