USGS B 1903
Title:Geologic studies in Alaska by the U.S. Geological Survey, 1988
Authors:Dover, J.H., ed.
Publisher:U.S. Geological Survey
Ordering Info:USGS Publications Warehouse
Dover, J.H., ed., 1989, Geologic studies in Alaska by the U.S. Geological Survey, 1988: U.S. Geological Survey Bulletin 1903, 134 p.
- b1903.pdf (29.0 M)
- Collett, T.S., Bird, K.J., Kvenvolden, K.A., and Magoon, L.B., 1989, The origin of natural gas hydrates on the North Slope of Alaska, p. 3-9.
- Karl, S.M., Aleinikoff, J.N., Dickey, C.F., and Dillon, J.T., 1989, Age and chemical composition of Protrusion intrusive rocks at Mount Angayukaqsraq, western Brooks Range, Alaska, p. 10-19.
- Till, A.B., 1989, Proterozoic rocks of the western Brooks Range, p. 20-25.
- Kaufman, D.S., and Hopkins, D.M., 1989, Late Cenozoic geologic controls on placer-gold distribution in the Nome nearshore area, p. 26-45.
- Moore, T.E., and Murphy, J.M., 1989, Nature of the basal contact of the Tozitna terrane along the Dalton Highway, Northeast Tanana Quadrangle, Alaska, p. 46-53.
- Light, T.D., and Rinehart, C.D., 1989, Molybdenite in the Huron Creek Pluton, western Livengood Quadrangle, Alaska, p. 54-61.
- Yeend, W.E., Ager, T.A., and Kline, J.T., 1989, Stratigraphy and palynology of an upper Tertiary terrace deposit of the ancestral Yukon River near Circle, Alaska, p. 62-67.
- Aleinikoff, J.N., and Plafker, George, 1989, In search of the provenance and paleogeographic location of the White Mountains terrane; evidence from U-Pb data of granite boulders in the Fossil Creek Volcanics, p. 68-74.
- Aleinikoff, J.N., and Nokleberg, W.J., 1989, Age of deposition and provenance of the Cleary Sequence of the Fairbanks Schist Unit, Yukon-Tanana terrane, east-central Alaska, p. 75-83.
- Wilson, F.H., 1989, Geologic setting, petrology, and age of Pliocene to Holocene volcanoes of the Stepovak Bay area, western Alaska Peninsula, p. 84-95.
- Wilson, F.H., 1989, Creation of a full color geologic map by computer; a case history from the Port Moller Project resource assessment, Alaska Peninsula, p. 96-103.
- Drinkwater, J.L., Brew, D.A., and Ford, A.B., 1989, Petrographic and chemical description of the variably deformed Speel River Pluton, south of Juneau, southeastern Alaska, p. 104-112.
- Newberry, R.J., and Brew, D.A., 1989, Epigenetic hydrothermal origin of the Groundhog Basin-Glacier Basin silver-tin-lead-zinc deposits, southeastern Alaska, p. 113-121.
- White, E.R., 1989, U.S. Geological Survey reports on Alaska released in 1988, p. 122-129.
- White, E.R., 1989, Reports about Alaska in non-USGS publications released in 1988 that include USGS authors, p. 130-134.