DGGS GR 55
Title:Short Notes on Alaskan Geology - 1977
Authors:Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Publisher:Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Ordering Info:This publication is out of print. Reproductions may be available. Download below or please see our publication sales page for more information.
Quadrangle(s):Alaska General, Ambler River, Anchorage, Bendeleben, Big Delta, Blying Sound, Chignik, Circle, Cordova, Craig, Dixon Entrance, Fairbanks, Goodnews Bay, Healy, Iditarod, Iliamna, Kaguyak, Karluk, Kenai, Ketchikan, Kodiak, Livengood, McGrath, Middleton Island, Mount Katmai, Nome, Port Moller, Prince Rupert, Seldovia, Seward, Simeonof Island, Solomon, Stepovak Bay, Sutwik Island, Talkeetna Mountains, Tanana, Teller, Trinity Islands, Ugashik, Valdez, Wiseman
Keyword(s):Age Dates; Antimony; Arsenic; Arthopods; Border Ranges Fault; Brachiopods; Chulitna Ophiolite; Coelenterates; Copper; Copper Mountain Pluton; Core Logs; Descon Formation; Fossils; Geochemistry; Geothermal; Givetian; Glaciology; Gold; Heat Flow Study; Hot Springs; Katmai Hot Springs; Knik River Schist; Lead; Major Oxides; Metallurgy; Metamorphic Minerals; Mining; Molybdenum; Ordovician; Paleontology; Peridotite; Precambrian; Production Data; Resource Assessment; Silurian; Silver; Sink Holes; Spring Chemistry; Structure; Tectonics; Temperature Profiles; Tin; Titanium; Trace Metals; Uranium; Volcanology; Wales Group
Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys, 1977, Short Notes on Alaskan Geology - 1977: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Geologic Report 55, 50 p. http://doi.org/10.14509/391
- gr055.pdf (2.7 M)
- GR 55ABlodgett, R.B., 1977, A Givetian (late Middle Devonian) fauna from Healy B-4 Quadrangle, central Alaska Range, Alaska, p. 1-2.
- GR 55BPessel, G.H., 1977, Probable karst topography near Jade Mountains, southwestern Brooks Range, Alaska, p. 3-5.
- GR 55CCarden, J.R., and Decker, J.E., 1977, Tectonic significance of the Knik River schist terrane, south-central Alaska, p. 7-9.
- GR 55DTurner, D.L., Herreid, G.H., and Bundtzen, T.K., 1977, Geochronology of southern Prince of Wales Island, Alaska, p. 11-16.
- GR 55EMotyka, R.J., 1977, Katmai Caldera: Glacier growth, lake rise and geothermal activity, p. 17-21.
- GR 55FSwainbank, R.C., Smith, T.E., and Turner, D.L., 1977, Geology and K-Ar age of mineralized intrusive rocks from the Chulitna mining district, central Alaska, p. 23-28.
- GR 55GBundtzen, T.K., and Reger, R.D., 1977, The Richardson lineament - a structural control for gold deposits in the Richardson mining district, interior Alaska, p. 29-34.
- GR 55HConwell, C.N., 1977, Boulder Creek tin lode deposits, p. 35-38.
- GR 55IMetz, P.A., 1977, Comparison of mercury-antimony-tungsten mineralization of Alaska with strata-bound cinnabar-stibnite-scheelite deposits of the Circum-Pacific and Mediterranean regions, p. 39-41.
- GR 55JDillon, J.T., 1977, Earthquake recurrence and location in the western Gulf of Alaska, p. 43-47.