Welcome to the Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Our mission: Determine the potential of Alaskan land for production of metals, minerals, fuels, and geothermal resources, the locations and supplies of groundwater and construction material, and the potential geologic hazards to buildings, roads, bridges, and other installations and structures (AS 41.08.020).
- The Alaska Geologic Materials Center (GMC) has received a significant donation of mineral core from Kinross Gold Corporation, which operates the Fort Knox Mine near Fairbanks.
- New release! Geologic setting of syngenetic and epigenetic deposits in the eastern Bonnifield mining district, Alaska(presentation): Alaska Miners Association, 22nd Annual Biennial Mining Conference, March 9-13, 2010 - Freeman, L.K. and others, 2013
- New release! Second annual Alaska strategic and critical minerals summit - MP 151
- New release! Surficial-geologic map of the Livengood area, Central Alaska - RI 2013-2
- New release! Using WorldView-2 multispectral bands for shallow water bathymetric survey near Wales, Alaska (poster): American Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing Annual Meeting, Baltimore, Maryland, March 24-28, 2013 - Smith, J.R. and others, 2013
- New release! Mercury injection capillary pressure results from outcrop samples in the Indecision Creek Member of the Naknek Formation and the Kaguyak Formation type section - RDF 2013-1
- New release! Oil-stained sandstones of the Upper Jurassic Naknek Formation and Upper Cretaceous Kaguyak Formation, Kamishak Bay area, lower Cook Inlet, Alaska (poster): AAPG Pacific Section Meeting, Monterey, CA, April 23, 2013 - Herriott, T.M. and others, 2013
- New release! Multi-element ICP analyses of core (boreholes 12 and 22) from the Sun Prospect, Ambler Mining District, Survey Pass Quadrangle, Alaska - GMC 417
- New release! Total organic carbon and rock-eval pyrolysis of core and core chips from the OCS Y-0280 Anteres #1, Badami #1, Fiord #1, and W Kuparuk St. #3-11-11 wells - GMC 416