USGS OF 63-15
Placer tin deposits in central Alaska
Authors:Chapman, R.M., Coats, R.R., and Payne, T.G.
Publisher:U.S. Geological Survey
Ordering Info:This publication is out of print. Reproductions may be available.
USGS Publications Warehouse
Quadrangle(s):Melozitna; Ruby; Tanana
Chapman, R.M., Coats, R.R., and Payne, T.G., 1963, Placer tin deposits in central Alaska: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 63-15, 53 p., 10 sheets.
Maps & Other Oversized Sheets
- Figure 2, Map of Morelock Creek area showing location of known placer tin deposits, scale 1:63,360 (231.0 K)
- Figure 3, Map of placer tin area in Morelock Creek Valley, showing prospect pits, test pits, cuts, and drill holes (39.0 K)
- Figure 4, Map of the Moran Dome area, scale 1:63,360 (345.0 K)
- Figure 5, Map of the older alluvium bench on Tozimoran Creek showing placer workings and sample sites (36.0 K)
- Figure 6, Map of cuts 7 and 8, Tozimoran Creek, showing sample locations and geology (47.0 K)
- Figure 7, Map of upper Tozimoran Creek and Ash Creek showing locations of cuts, drill holes, and geologic cross sections along drill hole lines (94.0 K)
- Figure 9, Map of Mason creek area, scale 1:63,360 (151.0 K)
- Figure 10, Map of Ruby-Long area showing locations of placer tin and gold deposits, scale 1:250,000 (155.0 K)
- Figure 11, Sketch map of minding area in Midnight Creek valley showing mined areas and prospect holes (60.0 K)
- Figure 12, Map of part of Birch Creek showing geology and mining sites, scale 1:20,000 (99.0 K)
Metals; Mineral Assessment; Moran Dome; Placer; Ruby Creek; Tin
Top of Page