DGGS PIR 2008-1
Title:Preliminary results of recent geologic field investigations in the Brooks Range Foothills and North Slope, Alaska
Authors:Wartes, M.A., and Decker, P.L., ed.
Publication Date:Mar 2008
Publisher:Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys
Ordering Info:Download below or please see our publication sales page for more information.
Quadrangle(s):Chandler Lake, Ikpikpuk River, Killik River, Philip Smith Mountains, Sagavanirktok
Keyword(s):Accomplishment Creek; Albian; Aptian; Atigun Gorge; Atigun River; Aupuk Creek; Barremian; Bentonite; Berriasian; Brookian; Brooks Range; Campanian; Canning Formation; Castle Mountain; Cenomanian; Cobblestone Creek; Cobblestone Member; Colville Basin; Colville River; Conglomerate; Coniacian; Cretaceous; Dalton Highway; Detrital Zircon; Early Cretaceous; Facies Analysis; Fan Delta; Fission Track; Fluvial; Foreland Basin; Fortress Mountain Formation; Galbraith Lake; Gilead Creek; Gilead Sandstone; Gunsight Mountain; Hauterivian; Hue Shale; Hydrocarbon; Ivishak River; Late Cretaceous; Lupine River; Maastrichtian; Marine; Measured Sections; Measured Stratigraphic Section; Nanushuk Formation; Nonmarine; North Slope; Okpikruak Formation; Paleocurrent; Paleogeography; Permian; Petroleum; Prince Creek Formation; Provenance; Regional; Rhizocoralliom; STATEMAP Project; Sagavanirktok River; Sandstone; Santonian; Schrader Bluff Formation; Seabee Formation; Section Creek; Sedimentology; Sequence Stratigraphy; Shale; Shelf; Shoreface; Siksikpuk River; Slope; Slope Mountain; Source Rock; Stratigraphy; Structural Geology; Tectonics; Thermal History; Thermal Maturity; Thrust; Toolik Lake; Torok Formation; Transgressive; Tuff; Tuluvak Formation; Turbidites; Turonian; U-Pb; Valanginian
Wartes, M.A., and Decker, P.L., ed., 2008, Preliminary results of recent geologic field investigations in the Brooks Range Foothills and North Slope, Alaska: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys Preliminary Interpretive Report 2008-1, 206 p. doi:10.14509/16083
- pir2008_001.pdf (21.0 M)
- PIR 2008-1AWartes, M.A., and Decker, P.L., 2008, Overview of recent geologic field investigations, North Slope and Brooks Range foothills, Alaska, p. 1-10, 1 sheet.
- PIR 2008-1BWartes, M.A., 2008, Measured section and facies analysis of the Lower Cretaceous Fortress Mountain Formation, Atigun syncline, northern Alaska, p. 11-24, 1 sheet.
- PIR 2008-1CWartes, M.A., 2008, Evaluation of stratigraphic continuity between the Fortress Mountain and Nanushuk Formations in the central Brooks Range foothills--Are they partly correlative?, p. 25-39.
- PIR 2008-1DLePain, D.L., Decker, P.L., and Wartes, M.A., 2008, Measured sections and preliminary interpretations of the Nanushuk Formation exposed along the Colville River near the confluences with the Awuna and Killik rivers, p. 41-45, 4 sheets.
- PIR 2008-1EDecker, P.L., and Wartes, M.A., 2008, Geochemistry of the Aupuk gas seep along the Colville River--Evidence for a thermogenic origin, p. 47-54.
- PIR 2008-1FDecker, P.L., Wartes, M.A., Wallace, W.K., Houseknecht, D.W., Schenk, C.J., Gillis, R.J., and Mongrain, Jacob, 2008, Stratigraphic and structural investigations in the Ivishak River and Gilead Creek areas: Progress during 2007, p. 55-83, 1 sheet.
- PIR 2008-1GLePain, D.L., Kirkham, Russell, Gillis, R.J., and Mongrain, Jacob, 2008, Turonian-Campanian strata east of the Trans-Alaska Pipeline corridor, North Slope foothills, Alaska: Progress during the 2001-02 and 2007 field seasons, p. 85-134.