USBM OFR 89-81
Mineral land assessment of the west portion of western Chichagof Island, southeast Alaska
Authors:Still, J.C., and Weir, K.R.
Publisher:U.S. Bureau of Mines
Ordering Info:This publication is out of print. Reproductions may be available.
Download below for free or see our publication sales page to order a hard copy.
Quadrangle(s):Mount Fairweather; Sitka
Still, J.C., and Weir, K.R., 1981, Mineral land assessment of the west portion of western Chichagof Island, southeast Alaska: U.S. Bureau of Mines Open-File Report 89-81, 269 p., 12 sheets.
Maps & Other Oversized Sheets
- Plate 1, Claim density and configuration, west portion of western Chichagof Island, scale 1:250,000 (456.0 K)
- Plate 2, West portion of western Chichagof Island delineating areas of mineral potential and showing faults, geology, mines, prospects and mineral occurrences, scale 1:63,360 (1.6 M)
- Plate 3, Doolth Mountain area map showing claims, mines, prospects and workings, scale 1:250,000 (1.4 M)
- Plate 4, Chichagof Mine stope map section, scale 1:250,000 (699.0 K)
- Plate 5, Chichagoff Mine workings above main level showing areas examined during this study and sample locations, scale 1:250,000 (724.0 K)
- Plate 6, Hirst-Chichagof Mine stope map section showing select underground workings and claims, scale 1:250,000 (737.0 K)
- Plate 7, Aerial photograph of a portion of the Pinta Bay area showing prospects and geology, scale 1:250,000 (367.0 K)
- Plate 8, New Chichagof Mining Syndicate Prospect, showing workings and surface sample locations, scale 1:250,000 (590.0 K)
- Plate 9, Aerial photograph showing the Whitestripe Silver-Lead-Zinc-Gold Prospect, scale 1:250,000 (401.0 K)
- Plate 10, Cobol Mine area map showing workings, surface sample locations, and section along drifts and along gulch north of drifts, scale 1:250,000 (534.0 K)
- Plate 11, Cobol Mine, showing upper and lower adits and sample locations, scale 1:250,000 (436.0 K)
- Plate 12, Slocum Arm Molybdenum Prospect, sample locations, scale 1:250,000 (483.0 K)
Top of Page