Parent Project:EPA radon-geology
Description:The Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys (DGGS) has undertaken the challenge of developing a multi-map, multi-user database model based on the single-map GeMS geologic map schema developed by the USGS and state geological surveys. The new multi-map model is intended for national use, as is a pilot data-sharing protocol to be developed with the model.
Project Date(s):2020 - present
Primary Contact:Athey, Jennifer E.
DGGS section: Geological Information Center
Alternate Url: Find out more...
Project Participants:Athey, Jennifer E., Ekberg, Patricia G., Hendricks, Michael D., Wyatt, W. Chris
There are no publications related to the GeMS Database project at this time.
Posters and Presentations
- Wyatt, W.C. and others, 2020
- Wyatt, W.C., Hendricks, M.D., Athey, J.E., and Ekberg, P.G., 2020, Lessons from converting Alaska digital geologic maps to the USGS Geologic Map Schema (GeMS) (presentation): U.S. Geological Survey Digital Mapping Techniques Workshop Series DMT2020 (A Virtual Event), June 8-10, 2020: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys, 23 p. https://doi.org/10.14509/30543
- Athey, J.E. and others, 2018
- Athey, J.E., Hendricks, M.D., Gallagher, P.E., and Seitz, S.S., 2018, Status of GeMS-compliant enterprise database model and Alaska GeMS maps (presentation): Digital Mapping Techniques Workshop, Lexington, Kentucky, May 20-23: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys, 22 p. https://doi.org/10.14509/30074
- Athey, J.E. and others, 2017
- Athey, J.E., Hendricks, M.D., and Gallagher, P.E., 2017, Building an enterprise version of GeMS (formerly NCGMP09 map schema; presentation): Digital Mapping Techniques Workshop, Minneapolis, Minnesota, May 21-24: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys, 22 p. https://doi.org/10.14509/29732
- Athey, J.E. and Hendricks, M.D., 2016
- Athey, J.E., and Hendricks, M.D., 2016, Agency-wide Implications for Alaska DGGS building a Statewide Geologic 1:100,000 Compilation from an NCGMP09 Multi-map Database (presentation): Digital Mapping Techniques Workshop, Tallahassee, Florida, May 22-25: Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys, 21 p. https://doi.org/10.14509/29669